PDA

View Full Version : Equibase protecting itself and its re-sellers

takeout
06-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Reading about DRF’s new improvements brought to mind a few questions.

1. Are other re-sellers allowed to make the same or similar improvements?

2. When re-sellers get new ideas to improve their products do they have to run them all through Equibase first for permission to implement them?

3. Does Trackmaster being owned by Equibase mean that they can do anything differently from other re-sellers?

GeTydOn
06-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Isn't it Equibase who collects the data? If DRF shows info, someone has to be putting it in a database somewhere and isn't it Equibase who is the database for racing??? For sealed info wouldn't it be up to those who compile the result charts to list a track as sealed and wouldn't those chart guys be Equibase employees?? And I thought BRIS and Equibase have implemented the latest updates.

takeout
06-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Man this subject must be one HOT potato!

DJofSD
06-24-2005, 07:20 PM
And I thought BRIS and Equibase have implemented the latest updates.

What makes you think BRIS has inplemented the latest updates? There's not been a new version of the Custome PP Generator for a while now. I'd assume they'd need to modify the program to (1) recognize the new data item used as an indicator of a sealed track condition, and (2) generate the superscript "s" as a part of the PP information that is displayed/printed.

If some one has seen this new sealed track condition in any form, please post the track and date of the race card that contains it. I'd like to check my chart files and any possible data files I might have downloaded to see if the new data item shows up.

TIA

DJofSD

Observer
06-25-2005, 12:37 AM
BRIS is showing the sealed designation. Check out runners who are exiting the G2 Black Eyed Susan .. such as Spun Sugar (Sat. Race 8) .. or Merrill Gold (Fri. Race 3).

Also .. BRIS has added track diagrams to their race pages! Nice touch!