PDA

View Full Version : "Flame Bait" not meant

DrugSalvastore
06-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't know what "flame bait" is---but my bad for telling it like it is about Lukas.

I stated nothing but the painfully obvious in that thread--and since DWL probably doesn't make it to paceadvantage.com--I doubt it hurt anyone's feelings. A lot of people in the press like Lukas because he talks to them--the same logic as to why a lot of people don't like Barry Bonds and Randy Moss--because they won't talk to them.

Please let me know when I say something that isn't honest. I will also point out that Pace Advantage was one of the people knocking Frankel's training of Ghostzapper. The post had a point--and it's point was to show that Frankel's approach is a much better approach than the insane one Lukas takes. I apoligize if it sounded like it was written by Ann Coulter--in sort of a looney attack fashion---but there is no individual in the sport I have more disdain for. I'll move on. Sorry if I offended any hero worshipers of DWL. My bad!

Maybe someone learned that Going Wild is a Santa Anita horse for the course from that tirade--so maybe something good can come from that.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
First off, no political stuff in the horse racing section -- Ann Coulter comments should be kept to OFF TOPIC.

Second of all, naming a thread "De Ranged Lukas" is flame bait.

Third of all, it's not the TRUTH, it's YOUR OPINION. Big difference. Maybe as you grow older, you'll learn this.

Fourth of all, the press has NEVER been DWL's friend, so stop making it out like they are. I doubt Lukas would refer to the press as "cockroaches" if they were indeed super-kind to him throughout the years. Maybe you are a member of the press and were offended by that remark?

Fifth of all, I NEVER ONCE CRITICIZED FRANKEL's method of training Ghostzapper, other then the fact that his method did not allow us, the racing fan, to see more of Ghostzapper at a distance of ground, and thus better judge his abilities (although for those that already had their mind made up about GZ, no further races were necessary). So you are not "telling it like it is" there either.

I also brought up the breakdown of Ghostzapper NOT to criticize Frankel, but to present a CONTRAST in training styles that resulted in the same LAME AND BROKEN DOWN ANIMAL that DWL is routinely criticized for producing (even though, nobody, to this date, has come up with any statistics showing that DWL breaks them down at a higher rate than any other trainer).

Would you like to continue?

PS. I am no hero worshiper of DWL. Presenting the other side of the story, or another angle is what I do, not hero worship. I can't remember the last time I really liked a Lukas horse since Tabasco Cat. I've never said Lukas or his training style is the be all end all. What I do is try and contrast the never ending barrage of criticism the man gets on here from certain folks.

cj
06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Pretty funny that a post titled "Flame bait not meant" is just more "flame bait!" Good one DrugS

JustMissed
06-22-2005, 10:17 AM
The PA Board should seek some sort of accreditation as an Institution of Higher Learning.

Just a few weeks ago DrugS was a poor, uneducated high school dropout, hotwalker who could barely write.

After just a few weeks he is using proper grammar, using words like "disdain" and talking about Anne Coulter.

Amazing how much education one can get from just reading the PA Board. :lol:

Keep up the studying DrugS, maybe by the Fourth of July you'll be as smart as someone like, heck, maybe even VetScratch. :lol:

JM :D

Bobby
06-22-2005, 10:31 AM
What's wrong with people expressing their opinions?

I know we've discussed DWL and breakdowns and his judgement alot. But its a hot topic with some folks after the way he did Going Wild - starts in Preakness after getting beat by about 100 lengths in previous 3 starts.

And you know D Wayne's name is going to come up anytime anyone mentions breakdowns or training techniques. His name is kind of a lightening rod in and of itself - for critics and supporters

classhandicapper
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
How about we say that on many occasions Lukas has run high profile horses that the typical experienced horseplayer knew was either done for the season, ready for retirement, rumored to have physical problems, or spotted terribly and that it would have probably been in the best interests of the horse had he backed off?

How about we say that Frankel's conservatism when it comes to spotting his horses and looking for the easiest possible spot has often deprived fans of the type of marquee matchups we all long for and the proof of greatness on the racetrack we like to see?

Personally, I'll take Mott, Shug, Todd, Mandella, MacAnally and a few others any day of the week. ;)

DrugSalvastore
06-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Pretty funny that a post titled "Flame bait not meant" is just more "flame bait!" Good one DrugS

LOL!! I guess so---whatever. It's a little different board over here--I come from a land of heathens (sp?)---this board is obviously a lot more civilized. At least it's a lot tighter regulated.

DrugS Light from now on.

I like how the Just Missed dude thinks--If he plans on going to Saratoga I'll gladly meet up with him, or if he's out West and can make a day at Santa Anita in the winter (If I'm lucky enough to go this year) I'll meet up with him there. He'll get the idea that I mess around a lot--and other than my vocab, I don't have tons going for me from a brain standpoint. I'm a pretty boy though.

I'm glad PA and Class Capper presented such a balanced argument--I wouldn't want DWL to go undefended. You have to admit, that nickname I gave him was cute. Onto bigger and better things...like the BEL card for today. Peace

KingChas
06-22-2005, 11:29 AM

Just a few weeks ago DrugS was a poor, uneducated high school dropout, hotwalker who could barely write.

After just a few weeks he is using proper grammar, using words like "disdain" and talking about Anne Coulter.

Amazing how much education one can get from just reading the PA board. :lol:

JM :D

IMHO its been getting real strange around here lately.Seems to me like the same people are joining this forum daily (alter egos?)People submit 1st thread then seem to answer themselves under another identity.Ex. person posts thread then doesn't reply but all their threads are followed by an alias disclaimer letter.How bout the strange witchdoctor?How bout the young cowgirl and her trainer?I plead guilty to changing my views and opinions but have no desire for multiple personalities here.I'm one of a kind. :D With the multiple E-mail names a person can use I can see the problem.Isn't there some kind of blocking system available to only allow one member per computer?I've been in contests were if 2 people from the same computer IP address enter they are DQ'd.

Bobby
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
You have to admit, that nickname I gave him was cute.

Yea, d range :lol: :lol: - kinda fitting in my eyes. still cracks me up.

Be yourself on this board. Don't let the "civilized" crowd mess with ya. I can get a little uncivil. Just lately all civil.

Tom
06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
The writing syle is reminiscent of Vetty, though isn't it? :bang:

toetoe
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Druggsy,

Dr. Steven Roman has cut your dosage, so "Drugs Light" is very nice.

Mr. Admin., I humbly submit that references to Ann Coultergeist be admitted herein, as she is a cute filly with a horseface. All opposed say neigh.

KingChas
06-23-2005, 01:06 AM
The writing syle is reminiscent of Vetty, though isn't it? :bang:

I figure it's a matter of time before a new member joins and claims to be a reincarnated horse that will actually tell us who is the greatest-Right from the horses mouth!!!! :lol:

Ps:Excellent Book!

DrugSalvastore
06-23-2005, 07:00 AM
I only have one name I can post under for this board--I'm pretty sure PA can check and find out what area of the land posters are coming from. I'd be stunned if any other poster on here lives within 75 miles of me. I don't "troll"

I know of one person who regularly posts on this board, that's Little Andy, who I know does work for DRF at Siro's. I don't know him personally, he's a pretty smart dude though. I don't know of anyone else here.

As for Coulter, people say I write like her, that doesn't mean I like her work, I assume PA is a democrat by the way he made a big deal about her name showing up in a thread. We all know that the Libertarian Party is the only legit and decent political party in this land--and that's the first and last political statement I'll ever make here.

It's kind of lame to type this post about myself. but, I now see the difference between this board and the other board, and I'll try to adjust. Like I said before, DrugS Light. Even when it's DrugS Ice--it's not my style to attack other posters in mean spirited ways---I get no joy from that.

joeyspicks
06-23-2005, 07:05 AM
This site has some funny, funny stuff. First DrugS has a post about circumstances dictating results (now THAT was a revelation:lol: ). Now a thread titled "Flame Bait" not meant .....that was about 80% FLAME !! :confused:

Its great to have strong opinions......just don't confuse it with "truth";)

JustRalph
06-23-2005, 08:42 AM
I assume PA is a democrat by the way he made a big deal about her name showing up in a thread.

Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!!! :lol:

PA.........you Left Wing Dem you!!!!

NoDayJob
06-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!!! :lol:

PA.........you Left Wing Dem you!!!!

:lol: Taking all those bumps on your sickle has addled your tinking. :lol:

NDJ

Bubbles
06-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Could someone tell me how this is general handicapping? :p

JustRalph
06-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Could someone tell me how this is general handicapping? :p

5-1 PA says the hell with it.............

There, it is now handicapping

Bubbles
06-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks Ralph!

Tom
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I figure it's a matter of time before a new member joins and claims to be a reincarnated horse that will actually tell us who is the greatest-Right from the horses mouth!!!! :lol:

That would be a welcome relief from some the crap we get straight from the horses' arses around here! :eek: :D :eek: