PDA

View Full Version : D. Ranged Lukas

DrugSalvastore
06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
I get a kick out of how people want to knock Bobby Frankel for the way he backs off his horses when they need time. The guy does every thing the right way and gets heat for it--and than you have D. Ranged Lukas (AKA The Butcher) who destroys dozens of highly promising, athletic, well bred stock on a yearly basis--and is hailed as some kind of great trainer because of it.

Does anyone really think that Ghostzapper would have done a damn thing if Lukas was his trainer? He's the kind of horse that Lukas has made a living obliterating. After his non-effort 2nd time out on opening day at Santa Anita, Frankel wisely backed off big-time on Ghostzapper, and pulled him right off the triple crown trail. Lukas would have ran that fragilely built horse into the ground.

It didn't get any better than the 2004 Santa Anita winter meet--when Lukas, and his barn full of six and seven figure auction babies went 0-for-60 at the meet. The latest display of the Lukas artistry has been with a horse named Going Wild--a horse who obviously ADORES Santa Anita Park, and isn't effective anywhere else. In four starts at Santa Anita, Going Wild is 3-for-4 with his only loss being a 2nd place finish to Declan's Moon in the Gr. 2 Santa Catalina. He's run highly respectable Beyer's of 104, 98, 100, and 93 there, and has a win over Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo at SA. At all track other than Santa Anita, Going Wild is 0-for-8 with comically low beyer figures.

Any civilized horse trainer would have backed off GW, freshened him up, and pointed for the Oak Tree meeting, where he would have been a FORCE. Instead of doing the Bobby Frankel thing--D. Ranged had to go tear this baby up. Collectively, the stupidist people in the world, are the casual bettors who blindly bet Lukas. Someone has to be blindly betting him--because over the last 6 years his ROI is three times worse than the takeout.

This guy is a self promoter and a salesman--and one of the great frauds in the history of training--no one does less with more--and I doubt he could even have trained Lassie to bark. If you want to see GREAT horses, go back and look at film of Grand Canyon and Landaluce. GC was running 120 Beyer's at two--and Landaluce was Ruffian of the 80's--two horses with about as much raw talent as anything to ever step on a track--and Lukas had them both in there graves before they could make their 3yo seasons. I actually think some people want Bobby Frankel to train like Lukas--and that's sad.

PaceAdvantage
06-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Knock Bobby Frankel? Who the hell knocks Bobby F? He's worshipped almost everywhere he goes....

And here I thought, for one second, that you were about something other than FLAME BAIT. I guess not....

Another Lukas bashing thread...how original....gotta close this one, on principal alone....