PDA

View Full Version : A Live 2yo for Saratoga

DrugSalvastore
06-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't know if anyone caught In Summation win the feature at Calder yesterday, but he was SUPER sharp yet again--and he looks like a horse who can be a legit threat in the Saratoga Special (now 6f's on opening week.) He was like a razor yesterday--sharp early, sharp mid-race, and sharp-late. His maiden win at 4.5 furlongs on May 20th was also super impressive. I don't know if Frank Gomez intends to ship him to Saratoga--but if he does--this horse won't be in over his head, that's for sure.

He's by the freshman stallion Put It Back, who I best remember winning a stake race on the 2000 Belmont Stakes undercard for trainer Allen Jerkens. He held off an excellent 2yo sprinter of Baffert's named Flame Thrower, who I believe was making his 3yo debut that day. The jockey on Put It Back was Noel Wynter as I remember. One thing to note about In Summation---his dam was perfect in the slop--and that super impressive score yesterday was in the slop--so an off-track will only help him.

KingChas
06-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Drug,Thanks for the info.Wonder how many 2 yr olds Mr. Pletcher has this year.Tough trainer to bet against in the baby races at the Spa. ;)

toetoe
06-22-2005, 01:46 AM
Has it been five years? How about Street Cry, who couldn't get past Flame Thrower, but went on to win a good handicap or two?

Turfday
06-22-2005, 02:55 AM
There's always a first time, but for the record, trainer Frank Gomez has started 2,925 horses in the last 10 1/2 years and not a single one (under his name) has been in any other state except Florida. Sticks to Calder and Gulfstream. But maybe he has different plans for In Summation.

rastajenk
06-22-2005, 05:28 AM
Any relation to Closing Argument?

DrugSalvastore
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
It's up on the DRF website---this horse got a 98 Beyer in that race.

And with that goes any chances of getting a nice price on him--and after reading the nice post by the turfday guy--it's highly likely that this horse won't race at Saratoga anyway.

If anyone is curious---the average winning Beyer of the Saratoga Special is a 92. The average winning Beyer of the Sanford Stakes is a 94. The average winning Beyer of the Hopeful Stakes is a 95. I think the figure players would jump on this one if he came North East. It looks like freshman stallion Put It Back is off to a flying start at stud though--so far anyway.

DrugSalvastore
08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
This horse won again over the weekend---set a stakes record in a six length score at Calder---and his beyer figure came back a 100. Nice stuff from him.

Ron
08-15-2005, 07:53 PM
His record is 2-2? I have to add him to my stable.

toetoe
08-15-2005, 07:57 PM
He has at least three races, because I was not impressed with his second. Good to see him moving forward.

DrugSalvastore
08-15-2005, 08:05 PM
He's 4-for-4 with 3 stakes wins.

His win on Summit of Speed day was hardly impressive, but he did fend off pressure from multiple horses that day, and won despite a wide trip on a day where it looked like the inside paths held an advantage.

His other three wins have been awful impressive though.