PDA

View Full Version : House

Suff
06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
The house we rented is August 23rd to august 31st. It is paid in full.

Jack K is thinking about staying longer. I may be able to extend the lease because Sept 1-4 is slow (er). As long as two guys on the lease stay, I have no problem letting my RE Agent know I need the house an extra day (s).

Your probably looking at a Daily rate near $300.00, perhaps closer to $200 but Id be surprised if it was lower than $250.00. I paid $300.00 a day, for 8 days. I'm not sure how she would pro-rate any exstention?.

Jack's buying airline tickets this week.... so if anyone wants to take advantage of what I think is an empty house.....get with me, or trijack in the next day or three.

I could... call her and say.. I gave you 2500 hundred for a week, why don't you be a nice girl and give me a few extra days for $300.00 even. Maybe she'll bite? maybe she won't. I cannot stay extra time this year. I have business in Boston on Sept 1. So count me out unless something changes.

btw the House is Full... No room at the Inn. I have space for a couple of guys on A cot, or air mattress, and those guys know who they are...

I'm very , very liberal with squatting spots. If You show up, and you have a sleeping bag, or an air mattress... we WILL find a spot for you.. It maybe in the basement next to the Washing Machine... But you'll be good to go...its a nice house. However nobody gets turned away that comes to Saratoga to play horses. My Father would never forgive me..... ;)

You see the little Lawn Jockey on our Front lawn? I love that!. I don't care what happens once I get there... I have a Lawn jockey! on my front lawn! at Saratoga!. That alone is worth 2 dimes!!

Trijack
06-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Talked to BillW and he and I have agreed to stay thru the following saturday for the races and leave on sunday if we could get one or two more to share the house.

Anyone else out there that would like to join us. Then Suff could see what kind of rate we could get the house for thru sunday.

Jack

andicap
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Leave a space on the floor for me -- probably two nights -- Wed-Thur,

joeprunes
06-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Isnt that the house from ,the amityville horror???????

Suff
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Talked to BillW and he and I have agreed to stay thru the following saturday for the races and leave on sunday if we could get one or two more to share the house.

Anyone else out there that would like to join us. Then Suff could see what kind of rate we could get the house for thru sunday.

Jack

Put a call into her, Tuesday @ 10 am....no return call as of 8 pm tonight..

I'll call her again in the AM..this time on Cell, Office and Home...and get you guys the OK and the Figure...

Suff
06-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Bad news..

House is rented for Sept 2nd, and she wants a day to clean it ...so we are oout on the street August 31st....

I told her if something chnages or another idea comes up quickly than call me.

I have other sources,....and if you want to wait until monday or tuesday, I may have a 2nd option..

Trijack
06-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Suff

I will hold off until monday. Thanks

Jack

Suff
06-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Suff

Jack

I'll have something or I will not , by tommorrow morning. I worked it over the weekend , and will get answers back today, late. So tommorrow, this time is the deadline. Hold off one more day.

cj
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I wish I could stay longer, but I can't.

The family and I just booked a 12 day cruise from Amsterdam, hitting Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Russia, Estonia, and Poland starting August 1st. I'll be back for a week before heading for the Spa! Can life get any better than my month of August! :) I'll bring lots of pictures for you guys!

Suff
06-27-2005, 10:17 AM
I wish I could stay longer, but I can't.

The family and I just booked a 12 day cruise from Amsterdam, hitting Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Russia, Estonia, and Poland starting August 1st. I'll be back for a week before heading for the Spa! Can life get any better than my month of August! :) I'll bring lots of pictures for you guys!

Yea...Thats a Bitch. You "could" be at Saratoga but instead your stuck touring around a dozen countries via a cruise. Son-of-a-Bitch! What's the world coming to when a man is forced into these tough choices. This is all Bush's fault.

Suff
06-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Suff

Jack

One room, two double Beds, 4.5 miles from the track, 25.00 a night each.

I have it reserved Sept 1-4, pending your answer today. I assume you want it?

Confirm ASAP please.

Trijack
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Suff

Bill and I will take that. Where do we send our money/ And a great big heartfell THANKS.

Jack.

Suff
06-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Suff

Bill and I will take that. Where do we send our money/ And a great big heartfell THANKS.

Jack.

I have it covered. I locked it down, It's all set...bring the cash with you.

Oh...and I just found out.. It's not two beds, its TWO BEDROOMS... :jump:

Pi

BillW
06-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Suff

Jack.

PS, clean out your PM box :p

Trijack
06-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Got those pm's cleaned out. Sorry about that.

BillW
06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Got those pm's cleaned out. Sorry about that.

That was a PS for Mike, sorry I didn't make that clear :blush:

Trijack
06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Suff
I am all set got my reservations in and thanks to you BillW and I are going to stay thru Sunday. You are still the KING. You make things happen.

Jack

Suff
06-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Suff
I am all set got my reservations in and thanks to you BillW and I are going to stay thru Sunday. You are still the KING. You make things happen.

Jack

Thanks Jack. The gentleman that Hooked you (me) up , will be there, and you can thank him personally. I asked him for a favor on your behalf and he came through.

Short of building you a house, I did everything I could do to land a place for you. Despite knowing you and Bill are highrollers. I chased down this affordable place... :)

I think we did alright with the house.... loaction wise & price wise. Moving early , not only got us a nice spot....we probably saved a $1000+ by jumping in when we did.

REAL ESTATE FOR RENT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saratoga Springs
Corner of Nelson & White St.
1/2 block to Ciro's, 1 block to track.
4BR, 2BA, A/C, W/D, Fully Furnished.
Off Street Parking. $2,500/Week;
$3,500/Travers; $14,000/Season.
More Rentals at marcrichardson.com
Phone: (518) 466-9663
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live in Saratoga for the Races
Charming 3BR/2BA Eastside remodeled
home. Walk 20 mins to Racetrack and
downtown. Superb amenities include
linen/furniture/dishes, jacuzzi, DirecTV,
hi-speed internet, and more. Available
Jul 23-Sep 3 at $3k/week or $15k/meet.
Daltons11@cox.net or (800) 797-5469
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SARATOGA HOUSE RENTAL
Brand new house just built! 5 BR,
sleeps 10-12, 2.5 BA, central A/C,
cable, internet, 3 mi. from track, full
granite kitchen, deck, 2600sqft, fireplace,
w/d, hdwd floors, 22' ceilings.
Daily Racing Form delivered each day.
Weekly rentals $3,000 or
July 27-Sep 3 $15,000.
Call Sean Farley (917) 670-2540
See pix at www.farleyrentals.com

SARATOGA HOUSE RENTAL
4 BR, 2.5 BA, 8 car driveway, A/C, deck,
BBQ, internet, cable (all rooms), on 1 acre,
2 miles from track, Road Runner available.
Aug 7-14 ($2,500); Travers wk., Aug 21-28
($3,500); Aug 28-Sep 4 ($1,800).
Call Sean Farley (917) 670-2540
See pix at www.flsmanagement.com

BillW
06-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Suff

Jack

Thanks a lot Mike, I appreciate the effort.

Bill

mkbdoe
07-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow, I'm jealous...You guys are doing it right!! Maybe one year if I earn my stripes I can join you guys... :)

BillW
07-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Wow, I'm jealous...You guys are doing it right!! Maybe one year if I earn my stripes I can join you guys... :)

No stripes necessary - but being willing to sleep while leaning up against the lawn jockey will be a requirement this year! :D We're packed.

Plenty of room at the track during the day though - stop in.

Bill

Suff
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Just the Following

Storm Cadet
CJ
Buddha
Trijack
Bill
RedKnave

PLease provide me with your exact ITERNARY when your able.

If your not OK-Dokey with posting it...send me an e-mail

Let me know exactly the who whats and whens.

I need to arrange the transfer of the house with the realtor this week.
I spoke with her today. Tuesday night is a likely GO if someone needs it.

Let me know by Saturday Night and I'll break down the situation on Sunday for everybody

Red Knave
08-17-2005, 03:42 PM
A week from right frickin now ... I'll be THERE !!
I'm driving from home, leaving early Wednesday morning and should be at the track by 1:00 or so. I'll be heading back on the following Tuesday.

Suff, I'm not sure about parking at the house. If I can park there when I arrive on Wednesday, then I will, otherwise I will find a spot as close to the track as I can (should be only a mile or so away ;)).
Let me know.
Are you imbibng anything special this year? I'll bring some. I know BillW might like a single 15 year old ... scotch, that is. How about you?

Suff
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
You know what we could use from the guys driving, or from a local guy with an extra?

Any Cot, Air Mattress or Sleeping bag you can spare.:ThmbUp:

If you can throw something in the car..great. If you have nothing, throw an an extra Blanket and towel in the trunk.

1 or 2 nights we'll be crowded like a homeless shelter on a cold winters eve.

Red Knave
08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
You know what we could use from the guys driving, or from a local guy with an extra?

Any Cot, Air Mattress or Sleeping bag you can spare.:ThmbUp:

If you can throw something in the car..great. If you have nothing, throw an an extra Blanket and towel in the trunk.

1 or 2 nights we'll be crowded like a homeless shelter on a cold winters eve.
Done.
I think I have a mattress and can probably scare up sheets, a blanket and a towel or two. They might even be clean!

cj
08-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I'll throw a couple nice sleeping bags on the plane if I can find them at my bro's house :)

Suff
08-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Done.
I think I have a mattress and can probably scare up sheets, a blanket and a towel or two. They might even be clean!

Don't go Crazy ... I did'nt say clean or anything?

Do you have any Flintsone or Barbie Linens? I'd like to get a picture of Kincer all wrapped up in a Barney Rubble blanket.:lol:

Storm Cadet
08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Leaving Long Island TUESDAY afternoon....picking up TRIJAC and BILLW at Albany airport then we're heading up to the house. We should be there by 8 PM TUESDAY night.

I'll be staying till Monday after the races! :cool:

banacek
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I am so jealous of you guys. Not just being at Saratoga, but that house - isn't it the frat house from Animal House? Sure looks like it - toga,toga!

Red Knave
08-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Do you have any Flintsone or Barbie Linens? I'd like to get a picture of Kincer all wrapped up in a Barney Rubble blanket.:lol:
Who told you ??? :D

Let me see what I can do. ;)

Trijack
08-18-2005, 02:19 AM
Suff

Only in your dreams.

Jack

BillW
08-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Suff

Only in your dreams.

Jack

That's what I was worried about. :eek:

Buddha
08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
I will be in Saraoga probably Thursday evening, or at the earliest, thursday races. I will be there until Sunday, and will have to leave sunday after the races or by lik 4 AM monday.

Suff
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
The driveway on the left is off limits. You see what appears to be a driveway on the right...is actually an alley way that turns right and goes in behind the Chestnut INN. Go in that way and there is parking for two cars behind the house. Park there. The entrance we will be using is on the left side/back of the house. It is up the end of the driveway we are not using. You'll see it easy... its a double entrance with a little 5 by 5 foyer. Can't miss it. Kim , our realtor, will be upstairs. She is unlocking that back door at 7:30 Tuesday night for you guys.

Done and Done. See you there.

As far as getting there. Ron, your probably familiar with the Turf and SPA, right past the Holiday INN on Broadway? You can go in that way easy. Just come through town....go right up to the TURF and SPA....and take a left...almost as if your going into the parking lot of the T and S. That is Lincoln Street... take that left on Lincoln Street... the house and whitney lane is 30 yards on your left. Our house is 5...but fact is, it sits on the corner of Whitney Lane and Lincoln.

Other way. Come in Union ave, and pass the track. First left after the track is NELSON. Bang that left like your going to Siro's...go one block, instead of making a left on Lincoln to go to Siro's.. make a right on Lincoln. two blocks down you'll see our Familiar 5 corners DeLi. Stay on Lincoln so that the 5 corner is on your right as you pass it... Whitney is one block on the right. Just after Vanderbilt lane.

Suff
08-18-2005, 12:35 PM
btw...chance I will not get there until friday. So you guys have the CON.....

My situation is minute to minute. Here are my shots.

tuesday night 40%

wed nite 58%

Thursday day 88%

Friday 100%.

Figman
08-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Suff,
I don't like your directions.

If you get off at I-87 Exit 13N(best way coming from the South and Albany area), follow Rt. 9 north into Saratoga and at the 4th red light (A Mobil Mart on your left and Lincoln Ave as the cross street) turn right and then about 100 ft later turn left and you're on Whitney Place and the house is right there on your left.

If you get off I-87 Exit 14, follow Union Avenue straight past the racetrack and to the very end where the welcome sign on the edge of Congress Park is in front of you - turn left. You're on Circular St. Go to the stop sign and proceed straight (do NOT curve to the right toward the Holiday Inn). You're then on Whitney Place and the house is five or six houses down on your right.

Suff
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Suff,
I don't like your directions.

is that so. Well i don't like your shoe's very much so how do you like that!:p :D

Excuse me for getting a very simple thing even more complicated... But My directions are correct are they not?:confused:

And I know you live there...and know much better than I. But when you are coming from the south....through downtown... That Mobil mart you speak of is on the right , not the left.. No? It's a Mobil on the Run, with the yellow signage.

Figman
08-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Just tryin' to help everyone not familiar with the area - not rile you King!

Coming north on Broadway (Rt.9), the Turf & Spa is on the right followed by the Mobil on the Run which is directly on the left at the corner of Broadway & Lincoln Ave. You turn right at the traffic light onto Lincoln and then a quick left onto Whitney Place. Even Max who lives in Florida will back me up on this one.

Storm Cadet
08-18-2005, 02:50 PM
I know the area well!!!!

Thanks....