David McKenzie
05-10-2002, 01:11 PM
I'm not selling anything, period.

Pimlico - May 10:

Race 2: #5 Bishoftu 10-1 MLO

Race 3: #7 Reasona's Juliet 12-1 MLO

David McKenzie
05-10-2002, 04:29 PM
No joy in Mudville. Neither of them came in-the-$.

I suspect there *may* be a bias. Look at these winners.

Race # of Winner:
1 2
2 1
3 1
4 1
5 1
6 1
7 1

It's now 10 minutes to post time for Race 8 and #1 is 20-1. Hmmm.

karlskorner
05-10-2002, 05:07 PM
David;

No harm done. You tried to catch '"lightning in a bottle" Pretty hard to do when your inside. They went off 15-1 & 21.30-1
You'll get em next time.

Karl

David McKenzie
05-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Thank you the kind and encouraging words, Karl.

It turned out to be a classic case of closing the barn door after all the horses had already left.

Race 8 came in 8-5-6. Win = $20.80 Exacta = $196.80
Race 9 came in 4-5-1. Win = $11.00 Exacta = $186.40
Trifecta = $931.80

This reminds me of a time years ago when I used Barry Burkan's Power Pace. I programmed it into my Tandy pocket scientific computer -- PC-6 (which I still have with TPR, Synergy, Barry Meadow's overlays and six other programs), a fantastic little computer.

Anyway, I digress. The whole concept of Power Pace was paying attention to the current track bias and weighing your pace rating that way.

David McKenzie
05-10-2002, 05:50 PM
I did very well with that program. [I might mention that Dick Schmidt's (et al) TPR program and money managment suggestions made a LOT of money for me before every Tom, Dick and Harry got pace saavy. Ironically, I fared far better using Phase I thru III than I did using the more sopisticated programs like Energy! I think plain old TPR is vastly underrated. It *still* works. Maybe I'll get off the sheets and go back to it. Who knows.]

Anyway, betting back to Power Pace, one day I was betting at Sports Haven in New Haven, CT. It was in the days of the dinosaur when everyone bet one track at a time. We were betting Aqueduct Inner.

I clearly remember all eight races being won by the front runner. I mustered up all the courage I could find, took the rubber band off the old bankroll and sent it in, big time.

Of course you know what happened. A suicide pace duel developed between the sole front runner and two other horses I *thought* would be sustained pressers (not front running contenders). They all killed each other and closers finished one, two, three paying balloons.

I couldn't figure out who to blame for that. Certainly not moi!