PDA

View Full Version : Fist fight at Philly

Doc
06-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Did anybody here witness the fist fight today at Philly Park between trainers Scott Lake, Ernie Cranfield and the E & G Stable boys - Eric and Gregg Fral? I understand it was a doozie...any first-hand accounts would be greatly appreciated! I always love a good altercation... ;)

takeout
06-20-2005, 02:34 AM
http://finalturn.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=113832f108e650ab69c4204fc6961e bc&topic=13777.0

J-bred
06-20-2005, 08:03 AM
No worse than what goes on in this forum on a daily basis. :D

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I believe you are way off J-bred. Any fist fights that do take place here are the result of deliberate flaming by certain individuals who love to light the match, open a can of Budweiser, sit on the porch, and watch the fireworks evolve....

CryingForTheHorses
06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Horses are put in claiming races to be claimed,This means they are "For Sale"..I love it when you do claim a horse and get backlash from the former owner or trainer, These guys that cry like babies when they lose their horse in a claiming race need to find another job..PS..I love to make them mad when I claim..Makes for a better chance for losing them when you run them back!

J-bred
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
PA... you mean like that jerk off TLG?

Or the scammers who sell worthless speed figures and programs?

J-bred
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
or the neo-con war loving scum you let sh#t all over any one who is anti-murder

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
You're letting it all hang out....I will remind you, that politcal talk and such belongs in off-topic, not here in the horse racing section...

takeout
06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Horses are put in claiming races to be claimed,This means they are "For Sale"..I love it when you do claim a horse and get backlash from the former owner or trainer, These guys that cry like babies when they lose their horse in a claiming race need to find another job..PS..I love to make them mad when I claim..Makes for a better chance for losing them when you run them back!
I agree but do you ever worry about angering any of the bigger outfits? It was before my time but I remember hearing about Leatherbury claiming all of Tammero’s horses years ago in MD and pretty much putting him out of business in that state. The only part that never quite made sense to me is why couldn’t/didn’t Tammero turn around and just claim other horses?

cj
06-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I can't understand anyone bitching if their horse gets claimed in a CLAIMING race. If you don't want the claim to happen, don't enter. What a freaking joke this stuff is. Same as all the people getting mad at Gill when he was claiming like crazy. The funny thing is, in most cases, you could claim your horse back for at least 10 grand cheaper in a month.

CryingForTheHorses
06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I agree but do you ever worry about angering any of the bigger outfits? It was before my time but I remember hearing about Leatherbury claiming all of Tammero’s horses years ago in MD and pretty much putting him out of business in that state. The only part that never quite made sense to me is why couldn’t/didn’t Tammero turn around and just claim other horses?

Nothing would be better then angering some of the big outfits,They arent god!..IF they had the balls to claim all of my horses, It would give me "fresh money" to buy new ones..I love the claiming game even know its risky!

takeout
06-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I can't understand anyone bitching if their horse gets claimed in a CLAIMING race.
I agree totally but am surprised at how often it happens.

There must be a lot of double-dealing going on in the instances where we hear of the rough stuff.

There seems to be a lot of loopholes in what little I know of the claiming game... and lots of ways for owners to get duped as well.

CryingForTheHorses
06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
I can't understand anyone bitching if their horse gets claimed in a CLAIMING race. If you don't want the claim to happen, don't enter. What a freaking joke this stuff is. Same as all the people getting mad at Gill when he was claiming like crazy. The funny thing is, in most cases, you could claim your horse back for at least 10 grand cheaper in a month.

I worked for a man who had 28 claims in for a horse, He was asked what he though of 28 people in for his horse, He said well that will make 27 of them go home happy!!!

John
06-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Let Suff tell you about when he was working for a stable last year and his stable claimed a horse and the trainer and owner of the claimed horse came to Suff's barn [angry. It was not fists that were showing....It was GUNS..... I won't mention the Trainers names.Because I was not there and this is Suff story.

John
06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Its a Tough game and if you take a closer look at your track you will notice that certain trainers don't claim from each other.Some trainers will not claim from a Ma and Pa stable that has one or two horses.others don't care who they claim from.

McSchell Stable will fill in the rest of the story.