PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
06-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #5 Kiss and Go-Faded after chasing a hot pace in last. Drops into a more favorable spot classwise and pacewise. Gets a jock upgrade in Coa today. Expect to see her on the lead today.

R2 #6 Jonathan Quick-Zito’s success with stretchout runners is common knowledge. Ran ok against talented Pletcher runner in last. Should improve with the added distance. ML fav got beat by a former mcl last out, so I’m not too impressed with him despite the good figs.

R3 #7 Philosopher King-Another Pletcher FTS that’ll be hard to go against. Grand Slam is a excellent sire of both FTS and 2yo’s. My only suspicion is that JR isn’t riding. But Bailey is one for two this year with FTS for Pletcher (though at GP).

R4 #2 Gryffindor-Didn’t get the smoothest of trips last time in his first off a layoff. Was still gaining at the end and more than likely benefited from that effort. Gets Prado up today.

R5 #3 Rob’s Boy Mat-Ran in a keyish race two back. He got used up in a duel with the winning heavy favorite in his last effort. Shorter sprint should benefit him, and I’m pretty sure he’ll be on the lead or not much off it today. Luzzi does well in these short sprints also.

R6 #4 Sabellina-Tough to go against her. Got buried at the top of the stretch behind a wall of runners. She definitely looked like she had some run and they were really moving late (last fraction was the fastest quarter of the race). Came back with a brilliant drill and should handle this field with a clean trip. P4 single?

R7 #3 He’s Hurr Culee’s-Barn is due to win one sometime. Iwinski’s former assistant has been struggling to get one home in front, and I like this one to get him his first win. Will probably try for the lead here and I’m hoping the lack of early pace in here will help.

R8 #8 On the Bus-Comes out of a key race last year that produced 3 next out stakes winners. She’s fired fresh many times and Romans no slouch at bringing them off layoffs. No price here though.

R9 #10 Mutamayyaz-Schettino’s got this one running well again. Seems like the field he faced last time was tougher. Should do well here if he fires again.

Suff
06-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R4 #2 Gryffindor-Didn’t get the smoothest of trips last time in his first off a layoff. Was still gaining at the end and more than likely benefited from that effort. Gets Prado up today.

5 minutes to post, I'm all in on the Griff. Can't lose. :cool:

Suff
06-19-2005, 02:42 PM
slow frac's...so what. He did not fire...at all. :(

Figman
06-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Get it back in the Bel 6th.

LADY BI BI - good post, gets back Santos, likes Belmont, second race off a 14-month layoff, three works since last race, would love half of the 12-1 morning line, tied for my top fig at 67 1/2 with KATE WINSLET with no other filly or mare even close.

Suff
06-19-2005, 03:34 PM

LADY BI BI - good post, gets back Santos, likes Belmont, second race off a 14-month layoff, three works since last race, would love half of the 12-1 morning line, tied for my top fig at 67 1/2 with KATE WINSLET with no other filly or mare even close.

Looked long at her, Last race was to close the front, and could'nt be handled well. If she reverts back to Old trainer tactics.

I'm on the euro. # 8 Kate winslet at 6-1. ist and 2nd spots, with the 6,7 in ex's/

keilan
06-19-2005, 03:42 PM
also on the 8

keilan
06-19-2005, 03:45 PM

Nice catch :)

Suff
06-19-2005, 03:46 PM

$16.00 oh well. I suck.