PDA

View Full Version : A new Book

Derek2U
05-09-2002, 06:20 PM
I just finished reading the book "Viva Las Grandtand: A View
From WithOut" by C.D. Eel.

It sells for $50 and it's a great read. Eel presents a power
rating system with a workout of 450,000 races.

Amazingly, Mr. Eel's system, called Chaos & Immersion, picked
2 horses to win in each & every 450,000 races and managed
never to select a winner. It's a must read this summer.

Aussieplayer
05-09-2002, 08:07 PM
"Amazingly, Mr. Eel's system, called Chaos & Immersion, picked
2 horses to win in each & every 450,000 races and managed
never to select a winner. It's a must read this summer."

.....Huh?? I mean, congrats. to the guy, but he's not getting 50 from me.

AP

Dave Schwartz
05-09-2002, 08:51 PM
Derek,

If I may ask you a question, "What is the purpose of this post?"

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Lefty
05-10-2002, 12:21 PM
If it's not a joke(has to be) i'd say it's impossible to construct a set of rules that would bet 2 horses and lose this many races.

CamptownRaces.com
05-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
If it's not a joke(has to be) i'd say it's impossible to construct a set of rules that would bet 2 horses and lose this many races.

I don't know about that....

I have tried to play with my method over the years and came up with some pretty bad calls due to the set of rules I was using...

I don't know about missing that many races, but I do know that it was bad enough to NEVER use again...

I just look at it as a stepping stone for how I play today...

Over the years though, I've come up with some really bad selections due to the wrong rules being used, or the right rules in the wrong order...

Charles

PS... I wouldn't try to sell the losing method I worked on for a penny... Why would anybody pay $50 if the guys method is missing like that? HEY... Maybe it's a good buy to find out how to eliminate horses?:D

tanda
05-10-2002, 05:07 PM
I believe that Derek2U is suffering from deep rooted inter-personal relationship problems.

Either that or he is a moron .. or both.

Show Me the Wire
05-11-2002, 12:06 PM
That is the problem with ambiguous statements. I personally could infer a few things from Derek's post. First, he states it is in interesting read and that is all he meant. The system might be a loser, but the author may be entertaining. Second, I could infer he is recommending the book as a read to understand a system that systematically picks losers, no matter what. Other inferences I could make are he is using a real life example it is possible to lose by losing or possibly he did not understand the subject matter of the thread.

However, none of the inferences I make lead me to believe he is a moron or has deep rooted inter-personal relationship problems, since I do not know him personally..

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2002, 06:23 PM
I just think ol' Derek is having fun pulling our leg(s) at times.....

==PA

andicap
05-11-2002, 08:54 PM
I definitely want to go to the track with Derek.

tanda
05-14-2002, 03:54 PM
SMTW,

It was not the particular post that lead to my conclusions. It was the totality of his many posts.

I believe you are giving Derek2U too much credit when you discuss the book as if it actually existed.

Practical jokes are great when they are actually witty. Derek2U's posts would only be amusing to a simpleton. So, either he is one or he believes we are.

Show Me the Wire
05-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Tanda:

I guess I shouldn't encourage such abnormal behavior, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to make a fun comment about the win when you lose theory.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Show Me the Wire
05-14-2002, 08:00 PM
Or is it Abby(ie) sp? Normal?

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

The man who desires nothing is the happiest.

Dave Schwartz
05-14-2002, 08:34 PM
SMTW,

LOL - "Put the candle back."

Great movie, huh?

Dave

andicap
05-15-2002, 03:25 PM
I kinda like Derek's posts. Keeps us from taking ourselves too seriously. He was lampooning all those get rich quick promises we see in catalogs and web sites.

Derek, is there any meaning behind using the name "C.D. Eel" or did you just like the sound of it. Sounds vaguely like a name W.C. Fields would use. -