PDA

View Full Version : Travers Day cost could rise

Suff
06-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Travers Day cost could rise

[B]SARATOGA SPRINGS -- It might cost more to go to the Travers Stakes, but coolers of beer will still be allowed this summer at Saratoga Race Course.
http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm? newsid=14711565&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=6
Charles Hayward, president and CEO of the New York Racing Association, was the guest speaker at the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce's monthly breakfast meeting Thursday at the Prime Hotel.

I'm posting this to share the read. I'm thinking I may have an opinion or two on this over the weekend, and will followup.

I picked it up at www.equidaily.com

John
06-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but, it does not stop there......everything goes up. Hot Dogs Beer etc.

Motels and Restaurants will pick up on it. Do you think you can get a breakfast for $4,00 downtown if they know you are willing to pay $10.00 just to get in the track....unheard of...

Red Knave
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Travers Day cost could rise

What do we care?
We're KINGS, remember? ;)

Trijack
06-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Anyone staying at the house we are renting beyond Tuesday? Got to buy my airplane tickets this week. If not I will probably leave on tuesday.

Jack

Suff
06-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Anyone staying at the house we are renting beyond Tuesday? Got to buy my airplane tickets this week. If not I will probably leave on tuesday.

Jack

Jack

I threw up a thread named "house"... to let anyone know if they want to stay a few extra days with you , and/or Bill? Ron? Cj? They can.

I'd really suggest those the maybe thinking about coming but the current days do not work... send jack an e-mail soon. If you get 5 or 6 of you'se...it could work out to 25 or 50 bucks a day? Not bad....

cj
06-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Wednesday morning for me I believe.