wait til the end of the day or week? I've been using Jerry Samovitz Out of

Red Into the Black and its tough doing it race by race cause many times one

race isn't finished when another one is starting. This uses a scale of up with

a win and down with a loss (minor percentage points). I've been getting

blown away the last few weeks and this kind of controls any wild bets I was

finding out I was making.

so.cal.fan
06-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I would have a voucher.....bet a flat bet when losing........bet the flat bet plus 5% of profit when winning.
Just make bets from your voucher from track to track, race to race.

BIG RED
06-17-2005, 10:53 PM
So.cal.fan.......exactly what I do when betting to win at the track. If you bet, say, 2.5%, drop a digit, cut in half, cut in half. Easy to do with the one ticket, problem is when you are over $500 :)

timtam..........good way to bet in a sense. When you are hot you are automatically betting more, and when you are cold you end up betting less. One glitch with it, and I know from keeping records of betting just like that. You hope you win a few in a row, period. I have had times (200 races or so) when I lost that way because I win then lose and win then etc., etc. when flat betting came out better than %. Still like % betting because I still snagg enough in a row :)

Good luck

so.cal.fan
06-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey Timtam....if you get up to $500 bets, friend? That's your goal.
You are doing just fine....thank you very much!
Good luck to you. I like the way you do things. ;)

Dan Montilion
06-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Timtam,

You might consider levels or plateau's. Example... if $10,000 bank and using a 2% of bank the level steps would be $1000 to indicate a change of $20 to the current wagering amount.

$10,000 @ 2%= $200 wager
$11,000 @ 2%= $220 Wager etc...

Or one could do it the other way. Suppose you prefer to be up $2,500 before you increase your wager level. Anyways, I suppose I did not spell this out very well but I think the "just" of the approach gets across. The advantages is you can use round numbers instead of $227 wager. Also in my personal I use larger steps to increase the betting level when in profit. However, when and/if I fall below starting bank I prefer smaller levels to quickly cut the wager level if I continue to fall below bank.

Dan Montilion