PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Race 5

lsbets
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
On my computer, the bump did not look too bad. Did anyone have a better view of the contact that caused the DQ of the 2 horse?
Also, does anyone think the stewards would have DQ'd the 2 if the 1 horse (winner) had anyone other than Pat Day aboard?

Valuist
06-16-2005, 03:35 PM
LOL

I just posted basically the same thing seconds before you did. You're exactly right. Their foul claims are as crooked as their drug testing.

Buddha
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I had WP money on the deuce, so that DQ really hurt. went from a $16 win and $7 place to just hte $7 place. i missed the live feed, and was watching the objection replays and didnt think it was enough to warrant a dq, but then again, i aint no steward.

cj
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Apparently the chart caller saw things a little differently than the stewards as well!

COUNT ON THE TUNA went up early to press front-running CAPO three or four wide, headed that one at the eighth pole, leaned in and exchanged bumps with CAPO when that one came out slightly leaving the sixteenth pole, then outnodded him on the wire. CAPO gained the advantage near the inside early, went along under careful handling, was headed nearing the final furlong by COUNT ON THE TUNA from the outside, came out slightly and exchanged bumps with COUNT ON THE TUNA, then was outfinished.

lsbets
06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Like Valuist said - do you think they would have taken it down if it made Troilo the winner instead of Day? I watched the replay again (yes, I had money on the 2) that was a bad call.

cj
06-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Like Valuist said - do you think they would have taken it down if it made Troilo the winner instead of Day? I watched the replay again (yes, I had money on the 2) that was a bad call.

Probably not, but it was Brice Blanc, he has a little more standing I would hope...but to answer, no, I don't think they take it down if reversed.

lsbets
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
As much as I'd like to be mad about it, that's just the way it is. That's why Clemens and Schilling get strikes on the close but just outside pitches, and why the best hitters get some strikes called as balls when they let them go by - based on their achievements they get the benefit of the doubt. But, the $16 winner would have been nice.

chipandrun
06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
I had the #2 in the third leg of the Pick 3. That DQ cost me about $150. I wasn't too happy.