PDA

View Full Version : Very special story and photo

PaceAdvantage
06-15-2005, 01:30 AM
(I got this in an email from another user who asked that this be posted)

The photograph below shows a red Doberman licking an exhausted fireman.

He had just saved her from a fire in her house, rescuing her by carrying her out of the house into her front yard, while he continued to fight the fire.

She is pregnant.

The firefighter was afraid of her at first, because he had never been around a Doberman before.

When he finally got done putting the fire out, he sat down to catch his breath and rest.

A photographer from the Charlotte, North Carolina newspaper, "The Observer," noticed this red Doberman in the distance looking at the fireman.

He saw her walking straight toward the fireman and wondered what she was going to do.

As he raised his camera, she came up to the tired man who had saved her life and the lives of her babies, and kissed him, just as the photographer snapped this photograph.

cj
06-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Very cool, thanks PA!

JustRalph
06-15-2005, 09:11 AM
very cool.......can anybody find a link to the story in the observer?

OTM Al
06-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Its a really cute picture, but the story ain't quite right. Just another one of those internet feel good stories that gets passed around until it doesn't quite resemble the truth anymore

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gratitude.asp

JustRalph
06-15-2005, 09:45 AM
The snopes site is pretty awesome. In reality the "real story" doesn't take much away from the email one. A firefighter pops open a house on fire and allows the dog to escape........whether he carried her out or not......who cares.......pretty cool shot though

andicap
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
John Ford once famously said, "When fact meets legend, print the legend."

andicap
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
John Ford once famously said, "When fact meets legend, print the legend."

It just occured to me, does everyone know WHO John Ford was?

kingfin66
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I've always heard that Doberman's are great dogs. They get a bad rap for being vicious because some people train them to be that way. Every dog starts out as a sweet puppy. This is proof that some dogs are very smart.

OTM Al
06-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Only John Ford I know is the one famous for directing all those John Wayne movies, among others. Won 4 oscars I believe. Same Ford or different make?

so.cal.fan
06-15-2005, 11:01 AM
I sent PA the picture, because I didn't know how to post it.
(I'm the poster who doesn't use software, because I woudn't know how to use it :D )
The Guardian Angels for Canine Epilepsy sent me the photo.
The head of their group, Joanne Carson, is a Doberman lover.
Thanks for posting the picture, PA
To you sceptics.......well..........nothing will ever convince you that animals have souls.......so good luck to you all.

46zilzal
06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
It just occured to me, does everyone know WHO John Ford was?
Orson Welles :"The three greatest directors of all time are John Ford, John Ford, and John Ford."

CryingForTheHorses
06-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I sent PA the picture, because I didn't know how to post it.
(I'm the poster who doesn't use software, because I woudn't know how to use it :D )
The Guardian Angels for Canine Epilepsy sent me the photo.
The head of their group, Joanne Carson, is a Doberman lover.
Thanks for posting the picture, PA
To you sceptics.......well..........nothing will ever convince you that animals have souls.......so good luck to you all.

All animal have souls,NOT like some humans, Great touching picture S Cal Fan..Thanks,I love it

paulc
06-15-2005, 05:25 PM
<<< John Ford once famously said, "When fact meets legend, print the legend." >>>

Actually, the line is from the film "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and might be a Ford line or more probably written by James Warner Bellah who wrote on several Ford films... either way, a great line in a film full of them.

JustRalph
06-15-2005, 06:07 PM
<<< John Ford once famously said, "When fact meets legend, print the legend." >>>

Actually, the line is from the film "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and might be a Ford line or more probably written by James Warner Bellah who wrote on several Ford films... either way, a great line in a film full of them.

Lee Marvin should have received an Oscar for that film..............

One of the best casts ever assembled for a film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056217/fullcredits

Tom
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
PA, SoCalFan....great photo. One of those moments that make getting up in the morning worth it.

wonatthewire1
06-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Dobies are great > my dad has owned, bred and showed them for close to 30 years.

The Reds make up about 10% with the Black and Tans almost all the rest. There are "Blues" as well, though rather rare, they are a steel-blue/grey with the tan markings.

Extremely athlethic and strong but extremely easy to train and great dispositions...

Thanks for the picture!