PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pick 4 Easiet ever?

how cliche
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
How in the world did this pick 4 pay $490?! On another forum I posted going in about how the sequence was really a daily double, because Lost In The Fog and Afleet Alex were obvious singles. Add on that Artie Schiller and Funnycide didn't appear to be good favorites, and I thought it was the easiest pick 4 sequence I'd ever seen, & I generally don't play multi race gimmicks. 1x4x6x1. Ours for the taking. Both singles won and I put in the w/p runners in the middle legs. I was never in doubt. Wish I'd punched it a hundred times.

When Alex won and I was holding my ticket I thought to myself, 'This pick 4 ain't gonna pay nuthin. 100 bucks tops.' Think about it. 2/5, 5-2, 14-1(but w/ bailey up), & 1-1. $490? You gotta be kidding me.

Be thankful for life's little rewards.:)

Zman179
06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
One does not call a 1x4x6x1 an "easiest ever" ticket. That would be with a ticket that costs $8 or less (4 combos or less). Something that jumps off of the page at you and then wins for fun.

You singled two stone cold chalks and got lucky with a super inflated payoff. Count your blessings.

toetoe
06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Cleesh,

Not only did I miss that one, I managed to miss the last one, SINGLING AA and Ultra Pop! THAT one paid $1,600 or so for $1! Got the pick-three, but big fish escaped. So, yes, easy it was.

OTM Al
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
It was easy and I knew the turf leg was the only iffy one and blew it there by not spreading enough. I had basically a 1x4x4x2 ticket (threw in Checkhov for the hell of it, but knew I really didn't need to. But yeah, that one should have been hit.

how cliche
06-15-2005, 10:42 AM
One does not call a 1x4x6x1 an "easiest ever" ticket. That would be with a ticket that costs $8 or less (4 combos or less). Something that jumps off of the page at you and then wins for fun.

You singled two stone cold chalks and got lucky with a super inflated payoff. Count your blessings.

I know what you mean Zman. I once hit a pick 4 at Saratoga on 4 combinations a coupla years ago. I can't remember all the horses. However, I vividly recall YOU winning a thrilling stretch battle by a nostril & giving so much that day that she went off form the rest of the year. But, before it began I didn't think the sequence was easy & felt surprised & lucky to have hit it afterwards.

That's the difference. I could see going in that the Belmont Stakes pick 4 was there for the taking & even spoke out loud about how the sequence was easy. I encouraged all my buddies to play it, but thought there wouldn't be much value. You're right. The payoff was 4x what I thought it should be. For that I'm thankful & am indeed counting my blessings.

freeneasy
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
maybe thats why so hi. ive hit em where theyve paid unbelieveably high and low.