PDA

View Full Version : Hat off to an honest software vendor

csmith
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to share an experience that doesn't happen often enough in today's world.
Recently I purchased the SOS ( Sprints only Sprints ) on ebay. I bought it under "buy now " rather than making a bid as this was the only option available.
A few days ago I saw that it is now available on e bay as a bid item and at the time the bid was only $9.95

I though, just my luck if I would have waited a few days I could have purchased the software for only a fraction of what I paid. I though, "oh well " thats the breaks.

To say the least I got the biigest surprise when I check my e-mail last night.

below is the e-mail I received fro SOS

Samuel Corkin (mspinc@worldnet.att.net) has refunded your payment. Please see the Refund Details below for the refund amount.

Note from Seller:
Cliff,
We recently changed the SOS program from a "Buy It Now" to a straight auction and since the winning bid was less than what you paid ($89.95) we feel it is only fair to refund the difference less fees. Thanks again for your purchase.
Sam (Msp Inc.

I just want to publicly thank Sam at SOS for his honesty and integrity...
Thanks Sam
Cliff

Doug3312
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I have been a registered subscriber for a while now and this is my first post. I bought SOS also and had trouble downloading it and Sam not only refunded my money, but he put it on CD and has sent it me free of charge. Now I hope that it works and after I get it installed he told me to try it and if I want to pay him fine, if not, that's fine too. I've got to tell you that is refreshing, because I have been burned lately by a vendor. It is a program that gives so much information that I am overwhelmed. I have only been trying to learn the game for a year and a half and I don't have enough experience and kowledge to use it, and I believe the guy knew it when he sold it to me. $800.
My hat is off to Sam also!

Doug

kingfin66
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm delighted to hear that you guys have had a positive experience with the vendor. What I would also like to know is how is the software? I saw it up for bid on eBay and was curious about it. I would love to hear any reviews, stats, and opinions - good or bad.

JackS
06-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Since the vendor is more than fair in the business he seems to have, $8.95 would be a nice gamble if only the program was just as fair.
Take a small shot with a 10 dollar bill and try it.
Be hesitant in your initial bets and hope for small profits. If anything about the program seems to have merit, perhaps an incorporation of ideas into another program that also has proven itself.
This guy seems genuinly nice so perhaps his program really does have some value.

Harmonicaslim
06-17-2005, 07:11 AM
If I remember correctly, Maxspa tested it a couple months ago with fairly good results.