PDA

View Full Version : Races for Fillies

classhandicapper
06-13-2005, 09:04 AM
I play mostly stakes races.

Recently I've begun to notice that I don't get nearly as good results betting on fillies as I do with colts. I've always known that fillies are a little less consistent, but I'm starting to think I've underrated the extent of it.

Does anyone else have similar experiences handicapping filly races ?

Are there any value oriented techniques anyones uses specifically in these races?

J-bred
06-13-2005, 09:08 AM
best time to bet fillies/mares is in the fall

springtime they're too horny and their minds are not on running

classhandicapper
06-13-2005, 10:28 AM
"their minds are not on running"

That has certainly been true of the ones I have been betting. :D

LRL Racing
06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
My experience with fillies has been one of hot and cold. When they are right they are right and when they are not they are hard to figure out. Would concentrate on fillies who ran big their last race. :)

46zilzal
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
FRAGILE girls have shorter form cylces and DO NOT bounce back from harder races. If you see "all out" in the comment line, disregard this one next out. Rarely get more than three decent ones from MOST fillies.

chrisg
06-16-2005, 03:32 AM
I used to think the fillies were more consistent than the boys :D
But, I have no database to prove that.

It used to be said that you shouldn't run a filly but a few times. Lukas has done very well w/them ignoring that :)

But @ the same time, John Ward claims to abide by it. He has said (I'm not making this up), his wife is adamant about spacing the races of a filly to get their best performance.

If you ain't makin' $ bettin' them, hold your $ until you've got a handle on handicapping them again.

Valuist
06-16-2005, 09:44 AM
IMO they are more formful in routes than in sprints. Maybe males are also, but not to the same extent.

KingChas
06-16-2005, 10:27 AM
My experience with fillies has been one of hot and cold. When they are right they are right and when they are not they are hard to figure out. :)

PMS :D