PDA

View Full Version : As horrible as the Yankees have been as of late....

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
...anyone else find it scary that they are only 2 games behind the Red Sox, and 6 games out of first place overall???

It's bizarre that they are still very much in the thick of things....

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Yes bizarre, especially since 10 of 14 teams are 28-31 or better.

OTM Al
06-12-2005, 10:30 AM
What I can't get over is how poorly they've been hitting. The pitching imploding I can understand, but that team should be racking up the runs.

cj
06-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Their 6-5 "Ace" wins a game, and PA comes out of his self imposed Yankee talk exile. Bad mojo PA :).

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Was I cheerleading? I didn't think so....just simply observing....

Like I said, they've played horribly ever since the big winning streak....

wonatthewire1
06-12-2005, 09:29 PM
My "Buccos" are coming to town with a "real" pitching staff...

Now if only the Bucs could get some legit hitters...!

Bubbles
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
WATW...

Legit hitters? Mackowiak's hitting .347, and Ward has good power. Cry me a river! :D

Valuist
06-22-2005, 10:29 AM
The wild card is coming out of the Central this year. Read it and weep, East Coasters :D

cj
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
The wild card is coming out of the Central this year. Read it and weep, East Coasters :D

As of today, Boston is a game up in the wild card race. The central doesn't look especially tough to me, other than getting to play Kansas City more than any other team does. But we get Tampa! :D

headhawg
06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
No offense, but the Yankees pitching staff doesn't actually strike fear into the hearts of batters, so Bal and Bos get to feast off them -- and the Double A pitchers in Tampa. Their "ace" gave up seven runs in three innings -- against the D-Rays!

I'll take my chances with Min and the White Sox.

Valuist
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
The perception that the East is far better than the Central simply isn't true anymore. It was true for years but not anymore. CJ, your O's are fun to watch because they can pile up runs but teams that rely on outslugging other teams tend to hit the skids as the season wears on. Ryan has been a great surprise closing out games but the starting pitching has some real issues: Ponson with a 5 plus ERA and the league hitting .313 against him, Cabrera a 5 plus ERA. Chen started out great but he's 1-3 in the past month. Bedard, another big surprise has been out now for awhile. You can only win so many 11-9 games. I know the East backers will say Garland is a fluke but he's always had great potential; he's finally learned how to pitch. BTW, right now Cleveland is ahead of the Yankees in the wild card race.

BIG RED
06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
No offense, but the Yankees pitching staff doesn't actually strike fear into the hearts of batters, so Bal and Bos get to feast off them -- and the Double A pitchers in Tampa. Their "ace" gave up seven runs in three innings -- against the D-Rays!

I'll take my chances with Min and the White Sox.

Take those chances, that's how I get hopefully better lines :cool:

Thanks Hawg

Suff
06-24-2005, 08:48 AM
As of today, \! :D

cough...cough Knock Knock

Nickle
06-25-2005, 09:36 PM
A very overrated team

Stats do not lie and they are going to have serious trouble getting into playoffs

Bubbles
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Was watching the Yankee-Met game today. A quick look at the Yankee line-up reveals that they HAVE been hitting. Heck, for all the non-Yankee talk, A-Rod has 60-some RBI's, and it's not even the end of JUNE. It's their pitching that has been in the proverbial tubes. They need steady starting pitching, and there might be a few quality guys out there on the block right now.

OTM Al
06-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Its not just the pitching, though that may be the root of everything. Their play has just been awful and their hitting, though it looks good on the surface, has continually slipped into a very poor approach where they seem to be constantly pressing, rather than wearing down opposing pithers as they had done in years past. Frankly, like the team though I do, their games are extremely difficult to watch because in general it has just been plain bad baseball.

BIG RED
06-26-2005, 12:02 AM
A very overrated team

Stats do not lie and they are going to have serious trouble getting into playoffs

What team??

Kreed
06-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, the Yanks are embarrassing. With a 200M payroll what's wrong?
#1, Jeter. He should be demoted. A team captain w/zero shizzle.
#2, Joe Torre, the babbling brook of sound bytes. YOU'RE FIRED. #3,
Georgie S, yeah you pork face, great move in getting the ugliest player
in baseball, Randy (where's my walker) Johnson. And letting handsome
talented Beltran slip on by cause Bernie Williams is your Man. Of course,
there's always Giambi whose swings like a Little Leaguer & is gonna haunt us
until ~2008!! Hey, George, for a mere 60M you can get Roger Clemens for
a year or two. Call me George, I'm his agent.

Suff
06-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, the Yanks are embarrassing. .

I got a jolt of pleasure at your discomfort.

Bubbles
06-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, the Yanks are embarrassing. With a 200M payroll what's wrong?
#1, Jeter. He should be demoted. A team captain w/zero shizzle.
#2, Joe Torre, the babbling brook of sound bytes. YOU'RE FIRED. #3,
Georgie S, yeah you pork face, great move in getting the ugliest player
in baseball, Randy (where's my walker) Johnson. And letting handsome
talented Beltran slip on by cause Bernie Williams is your Man.

What exactly ARE you on? :cool:

No shizzle for Jeter? As much as I hate the Yankees, I'll admit that NOBODY else can match his instincts on the field. Torre? There's one question that keeps him in: Who else is out there? Answer: Nobody. And you can't pin all the blame on Johnson. He's not the big, dominating hurler we know, but he IS 7-5. At last check, that was still pretty respectable.

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I thought Kreed said he was going to stop posting? Was that a dream?

Kreed
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
you're off message. why did you post that non-nothing here? is IT because
you know zero of sports? i mean, what sports did u ever play or partake of?
Elucidate, please.

Bubbles
06-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Does the sport of moderating a forum count? :D

Kreed
06-26-2005, 11:35 PM
it needn't be some 3am attack when no one is on board. i know you like
some sports, probably, but you dont have a players' mentality. its different
when you actually play as opposed to typing about it, like you nukers who
are so outta shape the albanian army wouldn't accept you, yet propose
invading a country, pathetic armchair toughness like Rummy with his arthritis
screaming "Charge Cadets." LOL ... yikes, eenie weenies.

Kreed
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
That model's AV is very close, but wearing hair like a red fried egg is NOT my
idea of a DO. Get it High UP w/ gel or mountain dew, hey.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2005, 05:14 PM
LOL...I knew that would get your attention.

BIG RED
07-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Was kind of psyched for these four days before all-star break. Boston/ Baltimore for 4 games. Sox having slight problems and Orioles in a rutt. New York/ Cleveland 4 games. Both are hot and Yanks at home. Looks like all this rain coming may kill a few games, bummer!

toetoe
07-08-2005, 02:25 PM
KreeDude,

A non-nothing is quite something, actually. You made a nice-nice. Don't let this become a habit, please.

As to the OarYulls, beware MTej, the cooler. He can be most "valuable" every year, but his team won't get to the second playoff round. Some weird power, like having Jean-Luc Samyn on your back. Speaking of which, if he didn't fall off occasionally, his horses could all be named Robinson Crusoe. HATE'm.

Kreed
07-08-2005, 07:25 PM
you're a trouble maker, even more than BoxCar, who TY Budha, is under house
arrest so cannot type after 10PM. may i tell U something very personal TT?
thank you. my post was 6/27 ... u replied today, 7/8. usually Mike (PA)
scolds me within minutes, but it took you 11 days. Man, me & Mike are NYers.
you calif men are S L O W. get to the point quicker or why bother?
your pal, Derek.

toetoe
07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry, D2ME,

I'm Silky Sullivan on a day he doesn't fire. I'm still running! Maybe people leap to the conclusion that I have a life, as I can be otherwise occupied for 11 days. That'd be SWEET!

Suff
07-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Was I cheerleading? I didn't think so....just simply observing....

Like I said, they've played horribly ever since the big winning streak....
I missed a big trip this weekend. Friends left friday for Baltimore.

Sox 7-2 winners tonight, dropped the birds to third. Yanks hung on 5-4 to take over 2nd. Yanks 6 in a row and coming to the Fens after the break.

TV said Boston Fans took over Camden yards today. Another friend of ours is a Jockeys agent at Penn National, and hour north. He's got 14 in tommorrow night!. 2 jocks, 7 mounts a piece. Tommorrow my crew is sox/baltimore/camden yards by day, Winners circle at Penn National by night.

I'm loading my guns for Saratoga opener in July, and the Big one in August. I did'nt have $1500 for a 3 day jaunt through mid-atlantic region

Bubbles
07-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Went to the Yankee game yesterday. Dad really hit the nail right on the head with this one...

"If you have a $200 million payroll, why do you need a kid pitching (May), a kid at second base (Cano), and a kid in center (Cabrera)?"

The Yanks have big problems in the second half. They're only a few back, but all the two teams in front of them need is a winning streak to set the Yanks back a month. Aside from that, two starting pitchers are hurt, as well as their set-up man. Am I alone in not liking the Bronx Bombers's chances to make the playoffs?

Secretariat
07-10-2005, 05:33 PM
What a catch!

cj
07-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Tommorrow my crew is sox/baltimore/camden yards by day, Winners circle at Penn National by night.

I hope your crew won a few races at Penn, cause the Sox had their asses handed to them this weekend. :jump:

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Am I alone in not liking the Bronx Bombers's chances to make the playoffs?

I liked their chances a lot less when they were losing left and right and were in second-to-last place....

Hehehehehehe...can't WAIT for the All-Star break to be OVER!

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2005, 03:04 AM
<cue crickets sound effect here>

cj
07-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Nobody wants to hear about the O's beating Seattle after laying the smack down on the Sox before the break...Tejada for All Star and Season MVP? And maybe also Worl...nah, we'll hold off on that one for now!

Valuist
07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Is Tejada the MVP of the team so far? I think I'd lean toward Brian Roberts. I don't know if he can keep it up but .345 BA and on pace for a 30/30 season.

cj
07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever who the MVP of that team is. If the team took a vote, it would probably be unanimous. The guy is THE leader of the team, he never misses a game, and he drives in the runs. Brian Roberts is having a great year, but Tejada is the guy driving the O's. If only he could pitch every fifth day too...

Bubbles
07-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Ouch, PA. Just ouch. 17-1 loss to the Sox.

That's gotta hurt a little on the old ego, huh? :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2005, 03:56 AM
It's par for the course this year (especially whenever I revive this thread after the Yankees "done good"). And 17-1 or 1-0 is still the same in the standings.

The ol' ego felt even better after the come back win Saturday to set up the possible series win later today....

Is A-Rod a Yankee yet? LOL

Bubbles
07-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Possible series win? You slay me, PA. The Yanks have DARRELL MAY going today. Very possibly the most hittable lefty in the major leagues. He allowed something like five runs in 4 1/3 against Cleveland, for god's sake.

Can you say split, boys and girls?

Maxspa
07-17-2005, 10:27 PM
After this weekend with Boston losing three out of four to the YANKEES!!!!!!
The word on the street was the Sox need more speed on the bases!!
A fan from South Beach suggested they sign a guy named CHECKOV but he couldn't run fast enough to qualify!!!

Go Yankees!!!!!

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Possible series win? You slay me, PA. The Yanks have DARRELL MAY going today.

You disappoint me Bubbles. I would have thought you would have been more up on the Yankees' newest 40yo pitching prospect....LOL

1/2 game behind the World Champions after taking 3 of 4 at Fenway Park. Who would have thunk it after being 9 back only two months ago.....

Is A-Rod a Yankee yet?

BIG RED
07-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Now it is getting interesting :)

Should make for a very entertaining second half. I do think the wild card is not coming from the East, so batten down the hatches :cool:

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2005, 01:55 AM
BTW, in case CJ is wondering, I am out of my self-imposed Yankee shell....bad mojo be damned!

Hey CJ, Kevin Brown is back....again...:lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2005, 01:49 PM
<crickets>

Suff
07-19-2005, 02:07 PM
:mad:

cj
07-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey CJ, Kevin Brown is back....again...:lol:

Crickets, LOL! I've been pretty quiet even when the O's were on top.

As for Kevin Brown being back, GREAT! Stellar effort last night.

BIG RED
07-20-2005, 02:50 AM
As one handicapper would say to another, true to form. :)

Valuist
07-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Its hard to imagine pulling for the Yankees, but I've got A-Rod and Posada on my fantasy league team and no Red Sox, so I guess I have to pull for the Yanks.

Suff
07-20-2005, 10:34 AM
we jumped back up to first place last night...........so all is right with the world again.

OTM Al
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Indeed.....it usually isn't til August or early September that the Sox have fallen out of first never to return :)

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Looks like a horse race might be developing here....

Suff
08-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Looks like a horse race might be developing here....

Yes... Down the back stretch it did. However at the 1/4'r pole we've been asked for a little run, lil tap on the shoulder. giddy up.

(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6270)Wade Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6270) (4-4) went six innings for the win, and Curt Schilling pitched the ninth for his seventh save in eight chances.
(http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6270)

AL 2005 Champion running line final comment.
Out well, rated, hustled when pressed, drew off.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Why do you do this to yourself Suff? The season doesn't end for another two months....

Valuist
08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I think you can write off the Twins for the wild card this year. Right now the A's are in the driver's seat and strengthening that position every day.

OTM Al
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I think we maybe should be (at least thinking about) writing the As in as the winner in the west. Can easily see the Angels imploding that last month

Suff
08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Sox beat Texas by a touchdown and a half. 16-5. Went 5.5 up in the East.

36-18 at Home. Best in the AL. We're making it hard work for everybody.

Renetria. 2003 & 2004 NL gold Glove winner has 23 errors. Getting eaten up in that spot. Another example of the AL dominance. They're 2 HOF'rs eaither way, but Clemens and Pedro go NL and live long. Randy Jonhson comes Al from NL and is an also ran. Renetria overwhelmed with smash ball. his production numbers are low. This guy gets pitch's. They pitch him down the middle of the plate to avoid the rest of the Red Sox Lineup.
When Renetrai is producing, the Red Sox are a tough tough Lineup. But he's been very inconsistent. Big hit last night. Winning RBI the 10th. But he was 0 for 5 , with 2 errors. (22 & 23).

Doesn't matter. We'll defend. As the Favorite.

Zaf
08-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Any shot for the wildcard ???

How about this kid David Wright. 3 for 4 so far tonight, single , double , HR and 6 RBI's !!! Should get up at least once more to have a shot for the cycle.

ZAFONIC

IRISHLADSTABLE
08-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Good Morning Z,
I was tired , didnt stay up to see any of the game.
Was in bed at 10 PM. (Must be that advanced age
just turned 49 Aug 4) Saw highlights on Sports Center
this morning . Looks like I missed a good game.
Dont think they can win the NL East but they
have a shot at the Wild card. They have to improve
on the road.
Have a nice day
Jimmy

Tor Ekman
08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm just glad the Mets didn't do anything stupid at the trading deadline (unlike last year). The wild card is possible, but Beltran has to start performing at a higher level. BTW, if this is what we can expect from Beltran over then next 6 years, then my current optimism over the team's near term future will be significantly dimmed.

Suff
08-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Texas scores 5 top half of the 8th..... Their Bullpen implodes again and Yanks put a 6 spot on them in the bottom half and win 9-8. Yanks needed that.

Sox up a nickle on them. We're going to Detriot and Kansas City. Easy pickins. Yankees better get in gear, because the Sox can beat those two teams like men against boys.

I know your worried PA. And I know it is killing you to see not only my beloved Red Sox defend , but METS playoff talk in the same thread. It's got to be torture.

I'd like to say I feel bad for you. I do. But not for your team. Do you think I want the Yankees to win 7 in a row and make a race of it?;) No, I do not. I want them to lose 10 in a row, fall behind Baltimore, Have Torre fired, see the team break part and finish the season 5-15 tied with Tampa for last place.:ThmbDown: Every single bad thing could possibly happen to the Yankees is my greatest hope. I wish misery and heartache on each and everyone of them.:lol:

So how was your day?

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2005, 02:24 AM
I know your worried PA. And I know it is killing you to see not only my beloved Red Sox defend , but METS playoff talk in the same thread. It's got to be torture.

I'd like to say I feel bad for you. I do. But not for your team. Do you think I want the Yankees to win 7 in a row and make a race of it?;) No, I do not. I want them to lose 10 in a row, fall behind Baltimore, Have Torre fired, see the team break part and finish the season 5-15 tied with Tampa for last place.:ThmbDown: Every single bad thing could possibly happen to the Yankees is my greatest hope. I wish misery and heartache on each and everyone of them.:lol:

So how was your day?

THANK YOU! You pretty much just made it a lock that the Yankees will win the division going away! (ya big jinx ya.....)

Suff
08-12-2005, 03:17 AM
THANK YOU! You pretty much just made it a lock that the Yankees will win the division going away! (ya big jinx ya.....)

Keep whistling, the lights will come on soon...:eek:

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Keep whistling, the lights will come on soon...:eek:

This coming from the guy whose team was down 3 games to none in a best of seven playoff series last year? You should know all about whistling in the dark!

If it worked for you guys....it's good enough for me!

BIG RED
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Like I mentioned back at the All-Star break, this looks like another entertaining Red Sox team, and they have been fullfilling that for me. I watch as many games as I can ( a lot ) and they don't get me down in the dumps. You never know what these guys can pull off. I beleive our schedule for the rest of the year is a little better than the Skankees and they should finish 8 1/2 games

BEHIND THE RED SOX!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suff
08-12-2005, 09:27 PM
they have been fullfilling that for me. I watch as many games as I can ( a lot ) and they don't get me down in the dumps.

I always say, it's between the towns. NY sports fans, and Yankee Fans in general have a swagger. They bring it to Boston for Knicks games, Ranger Games and even when the Giants or Jets play the Patriots!. NY'rs always pipe up, talking shit. Except at Fenway. They never mess with The Nation.

They keep thier heads down, and never, under any circumstances do they Look a Red Sox Fan in the eye at Fenway....:D

They terrified, because at Yankee stadium , in the Bronx, Red Sox fans have taken over the stadium once or twice. The unthinkable of MORE (louder)Red Sox fans still in the Stadium! We're in behind the walls and gutting them from the inside out. To overthrow an Empire these things must be done.

It's a new Century. One World Championship is completed. We will make the 21st century, the Century of The Red Sox Nation.

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2005, 03:42 AM
They keep thier heads down, and never, under any circumstances do they Look a Red Sox Fan in the eye at Fenway....:D

This reads like a Brothers Grimm fairy tale....