PDA

View Full Version : HE NEVER TOUCHED HIM AFA

joeyspicks
06-11-2005, 06:39 PM
AFLEET ALEX IS THE REAL DEAL

Jeremy never touched him and he blew by em like they where standing still!!!!!

WOW

BeatTheChalk
06-11-2005, 07:21 PM
I saw the jockey whipping the horse down the stretch !!!! Unless my
eyes did not see correctly. I could not understand that. Any comments ??
I will watch the reply and prepare to stand in the corner with a Dunce
Cap if I am not right.

High Stakes
06-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I think what joey meant is that ALex began his run on the turn and passed horses on his own without being asked. Which is what I saw on the replay.

Also on the replay, it didn't look like Rose urged AA until he was past Giacomo. He just didn't want to lose momentum. Rose gave him a few taps - not what I would call "whipping him down the stretch."

michiken
06-11-2005, 07:54 PM
AA was the real deal today. I liked the way he destroyed the field. Kudos to JR and the connections for keeping on track thru all the TC campaign.

LisaMcNear
06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I didn't see anything until the final stretch when he tapped him a couple times in the back, then once in the front. If you look at the replay, he is then almost ready to tap him on the back again - then Jeremy clearly holds back, when he realizes he's well in front.

It is obvious that this is more than a ride. Rose loves this horse. I wish I had a link to a photo I saw of Afleet Alex' head over a fence smoozing with Jeremy. It is priceless. (If anyone has it, I hope they post the link).

Pace Cap'n
06-12-2005, 07:11 AM
It is obvious that this is more than a ride. Rose loves this horse. I wish I had a link to a photo I saw of Afleet Alex' head over a fence smoozing with Jeremy. It is priceless. (If anyone has it, I hope they post the link).

Try this one. (http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com/photogallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=3)

Figman
06-12-2005, 08:52 AM
I posted it just after the Preakness.

But the best was that yesterday while doing their national radio show from Belmont Park on Belmont Stakes Day, thoroughbred trainer and the AFLEET ALEX/Tim Ritchie PR man, JJ Graci and thoroughbred breeder John Perotta were giving the picture away free of charge. They has a table near one of the Grandstand entrances with AFLEET ALEX hats and other free memorabilia including the great picture of AFLEET ALEX trying to steal a peppermint candy from Jeremy Rose. I got one and probably a dozen people asked me later in the day "where did you get that great picture?"

http://tinyurl.com/dj36f

rastajenk
06-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Remember the folks who thought Rose beat the hell out of the horse in Arkansas and used him up prior to the TC run? I guess he still has some gas left. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2005, 03:18 AM
I remember....might be the same kind of folks who think a horse will be ruined if he runs in the Belmont Stakes, ala Nolan's Cat...