PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Full Card Saturday 6/11/2005...

MitchS
06-10-2005, 11:25 PM
I tried to post the full Belmont Park card on this message board. With great difficulty :mad: , I have given up in my efforts :bang: , I appologise...
I unlocked all of my Free membership pages for tomarrow, so if anybody wants the selections they know where to go.

Enjoy the Belmont and.... "GO BABY GO".... :)

Mitch

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2005, 12:23 AM
What kind of difficulties are you having?

SOUTHERN SLEW
06-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Does anyone have any scrateches for the belmont card?

MitchS
06-11-2005, 08:04 AM
I do everything within Access and can't seem to get it transfered successfully. It will not paste from Access. I guess it needs to be changed to a different structure that your site will accept, but I am not sure.

mcikey01
06-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Mitch, your posting of the full card of selections from your site would be impossible because of the 40,000 character text limit to any one message.

Even if you split the card into several messages, say two races per message, you will stilll have formatting problems, particularly, because of the variable size of the horse's name.

I had some success posting all the fields without the horse's name and limiting the post to two races by copying the data, exporting the data to MS Word, converting the imported table to text using a tab delimiter, then recopying the data and pasting it into the body of the message. Checked out the results using the Post Preview function.

With more time and experimenting , I might have overcome the variable name size issue. Maybe if the name field was limited in Word up to only the first six charcters (I have forgotten the minimum number of characters allowed by the Jockey Club in naming horses), the horse name would be reasonably identifiable. Then, all the fields for two races at a time could have been posted in the message.

FYI, there is software on the market ( for instance a product called "Monarch" ) that can do some fast and fancy formating and editing of text to facilitate pasting into message boards.

P.S. For me, this was a fun exercise...On my job, I have a limited arsenal of software tools to format and edit data , so I have become adept at "work-a-rounds".

Good Luck in your web site endeavor !!!

MitchS
06-11-2005, 11:49 AM
mcikey01...Thank you very much for going over the various options with my problem. That was nice of you to take the time, I appreciate it.

Enjoy the Belmont,
Mitch

MitchS
06-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Congratulation Afleet Alex. The race went just as I suspected. Afleet Alex should of been the Triple Crown winner as I have been saying all along..... He's a hell of a horse...

mcikey01.... Since I was having website problems, I tried to post selections on my Forum and it worked, no problem. There must be something in the configuration with this website that does not allow me to post the selections, from an Access database...

Mitch