PDA

View Full Version : This ever happen to anyone else?

lsbets
06-10-2005, 07:59 PM
You go to the supermarket by yourself - in and out, 60 bucks. You go to the supermarket with your wife - there for an hour, costs 150 bucks, doesn't seem like you got any more stuff.

BELMONT 6-6-09
06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
For me a trip to the supermarket with my wife feels like a slow motion train ride through the mohave desert.It never ends .

so.cal.fan
06-10-2005, 09:35 PM
lsbets comments:
"You go to the supermarket by yourself - in and out, 60 bucks. You go to the supermarket with your wife - there for an hour, costs 150 bucks, doesn't seem like you got any more stuff"

Well, lsbets....if I was Mrs. lsbets, I wouldn't even bring you along.... :D
you do get more stuff when she is with you......like most shopping....you men just don't notice........of course, when you go by yourself, you forget half the stuff...so you end up spending $150 anyway when she has to go back to the store..... :bang:
Go to Lone Star, lsbets........let your better half do the shopping! ;)

lsbets
06-10-2005, 09:39 PM
SoCal - what, did you talk to her after the last time I went by myself - she said I forgot half the stuff, but I got everything on the list (well, the first page at least :lol: )

But, I don't go to Lonestar very often anymore. Its a lot more convenient betting from home, the food is better, the drinks are cheaper, the parking is free, and there are even rebates! The way I figure, I'm up $40 a day when I play from home vs. the track. Too bad the tracks can't figure that out.

so.cal.fan
06-10-2005, 09:48 PM
"Its a lot more convenient betting from home, the food is better, the drinks are cheaper,"

Gee, lsbets.....why do you think that is????? :D :D :D

Could be the wife fills the complete shopping list, so she can make you all that good food and drinks? YEP!

Lone Star Park is a sad tale. I have a good friend who is so disappointed in the place, he rarely attends and he lives very close by.
I have another friend from California who travels there once in a while on business and has been so disappointed in the place, she has made complaints to the management. This is a high profile racing person......who is usually at least given the courtesy of an explaination.
Lone Star obviously doesn't care about it's patrons......so the patrons are not showing up to support the place.
Your other track, Sam Houston (Shammy) seems just the opposite.....they try to please their customers. If I ever visit Texas, I will go to Houston.

lsbets
06-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Before I went to Iraq I sent a letter to Jeff Greco at Lonstar listing my complaints. He made a halfhearted attempt to sit down with me and address them. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly depending on how you look at it) we have some very good friends who are there all the time and some other friends who like giong once in a while, so we still go there about once a month. I would prefer to not give them my business, but its also a social thing.

And if you must know, I do virtually all of the cooking in my house - my wife does the desserts.

Tom
06-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm not married, but I never got out a grocery store under a grand! :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
06-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I buy generic brands. My wife thinks it is Geriatric; says she's too young and needs the expensive brands!