PDA

View Full Version : Frankel replaces Pincay

Observer
05-08-2002, 12:07 AM
Trainer Bobby Frankel will be giving a boost to jockey Jerry Bailey when Medaglia d'Oro goes to the post in the Preakness a week from this coming Saturday.

Part of me feels this is a shame, because I'd love to see Pincay back in the winner's circle for a major race like a Triple Crown event, and I don't feel as though he had done anything wrong in losing the Wood Memorial and the Derby.

Of course, this is a game about winning, and every trainer with a legitimate shot will try to attain the services of Bailey, when he's available.

superfecta
05-08-2002, 12:23 AM
I can use the winningest jockey alive,who knows my horse,or Jerry Bailey.....hmmm.Probably a case of "we gotta blame someone,and I don't want the owners to think it was me"-itis.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2002, 01:27 AM
That's a pretty ballsy move on Frankel's part. I don't play California too much these days...does Frankel use Pincay a lot out there??

I could see replacing Donnie Mesche with Jerry Bailey, but Pincay??? A little classless if you ask me....Pincay deserves more respect than that....especially with the way he has revitalized his career the last couple of years....

Then again, there is something to be said about the ol' Bailey magic..... ;) Every time I want to think or say something bad about the guy, he comes back with another miracle ride and shuts me right up again....

==PA

Lefty
05-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Just don't think Bailey gonna get that horse to run any faster...