PDA

View Full Version : Riva Ridge Saturday

dutzman
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Was just wondering how everyone is going to play the Riva Ridge in the Pick 4 on Saturday. Does Lost in the Fog get beat somehow....I haven't yet looked at this race. What does everyone think of Egg Head? Proub Accolade is somewhat intriguing at 10-1 or higher...........

keilan
06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Those are the contenders, key Foggy in the exactor :ThmbUp:

Pround Accolade is sitting on a good one!

shanta
06-10-2005, 09:05 AM
What's your opinion of the # 8 Tani Maru ( 20/1 ml)?

I ask cause his energy pattern is pretty good for 7 fur.

Do you feel he is too slow? Wrong pace scenario? both? lol

If the pays are big enough I am thnking of taking fog and egg / Tani for an exacta

Thanx man! :ThmbUp:

Richie

keilan
06-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Here’s the skinny on Tani Maru.

3 wins all at different distances 6f, 6.5f, 8.5f and was near the lead at the 2nd call.

1) Today’s pace will be substantially quicker than he seen before but that may not hurt him much. Middle Earth and Going Wild are the pace in the race and will only be around at the end, if the track is many lengths fast. Santo breaks from the outside post and should be able to position him decently.

2) His energy distribution is excellent the downside is he’s running against a couple superior animals and he will need to run his best race to date to finish 2nd. If he runs early, I think that would be a mistake, if he runs late he has to out-kick my 3 contenders Foggy/Egghead/Accolade

3) An off track/heavier track moves Tani up.

4) Proud Accolade at 15-1 ML is an extremely dangerous horse.

Good luck whatever you play :)

toetoe
06-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I'll be all over Egg Head. Maybe that's enough to warn you off. Haven't decided on Tani Maru. Last LOOKED sensational. Can he have improved? An also-ran from his last is running earlier on the card. If he romps in his allowance race, m-m-m-aybe TM has sprouted wings.

shanta
06-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Here’s the skinny on Tani Maru.

3 wins all at different distances 6f, 6.5f, 8.5f and was near the lead at the 2nd call.

1) Today’s pace will be substantially quicker than he seen before but that may not hurt him much. Middle Earth and Going Wild are the pace in the race and will only be around at the end, if the track is many lengths fast. Santo breaks from the outside post and should be able to position him decently.

2) His energy distribution is excellent the downside is he’s running against a couple superior animals and he will need to run his best race to date to finish 2nd. If he runs early, I think that would be a mistake, if he runs late he has to out-kick my 3 contenders Foggy/Egghead/Accolade

3) An off track/heavier track moves Tani up.

4) Proud Accolade at 15-1 ML is an extremely dangerous horse.

Good luck whatever you play :)

Thanx for your read on the race. I appreciate that :ThmbUp:

The best of luck to you too.

Richie

chickenhead
06-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I am rooting for nothing short of BRUTAL DOMINATION.

A BEWILDERING display of SUPERIORITY and SPEED that will make GROWN MEN scream for their mamas!

I wanna see that sandy ass track turned to GLASS in his wake, steaming smoking molten glass.

I wanna see 1.20 FLAT. I wanna see all those chumps retired after the race, hearts broken and heads down.

Oh yes, I'm pumped for my boy Foggy.

RELEASE THE CRACKEN!!!!!!

chickenhead
06-12-2005, 01:18 PM
well, I didn't see any smoke coming off the track, but a great race none the less.

He has been pretty amazing thus far, dude just shows up and runs. Alex and the Belmont were great, but for me this race was the top billing of the day, and lived up to it.

I'm a little confused at not being nominated to the Breeders Cup, how much does that cost at this point?

Buckeye
06-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, he was a single.

Then again, he did pay $2.80

I'm pretty sure that AA would have beat him at 7 though . . .

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Looked to like Lost in the Fog in the stretch saw a horse come into his field of vision and would not let it pass!

keilan
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that AA would have beat him at 7 though . . .

:D :D :D