PDA

View Full Version : probable cause at the border

Dave Schwartz
06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
http://us.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/07/border.crossing.ap/index.html

Couldn't one call a bloody chainsaw probable cause?

JustRalph
06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
The look of this guy should have been probable cause........

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/06/07/border.crossing.ap/vert.despres.pool.jpg

Bobby
06-08-2005, 11:20 AM
yea really.

Looks evil

ElKabong
06-08-2005, 11:24 AM
from the article...

Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the Canada-born Despres could not be detained because he is a naturalized U.S. citizen and was not wanted on any criminal charges on the day in question.

"Nobody asked us to detain him," Anthony said. "Being bizarre is not a reason to keep somebody out of this country or lock them up. ... We are governed by laws and regulations, and he did not violate any regulations."--snip

Where can we go from here? Seriously? If we detain people like this the ACLU goes ape shit, and besides that, it would take away some of all our freedoms if we cross the borders ourselves (ref, the present day airport environment). Ihave an opinion (stop and detain any odd or suspicious looking individual) but the ACLU wins about every case in these instances. Legally we have no recourse I know of.....Anyone?

Bobby
06-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Well, your right. Its profiling.

How about this?

A middle east arab in the airport with a briefcase with a couple of loose wires hanging out. He's getting ready to board the plane. Do you get on it?
Security guards say not enough probable cause to check it.
BTW, this is in Newark. :D :D

JustRalph
06-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, your right. Its profiling.

How about this?

A middle east arab in the airport with a briefcase with a couple of loose wires hanging out. He's getting ready to board the plane. Do you get on it?
Security guards say not enough probable cause to check it.
BTW, this is in Newark. :D :D

no law against me searching his bag..........if I can wrestle it away without it blowing up ..........

hurrikane
06-08-2005, 06:09 PM
looks like a normal poster at PA's to me.

what's the problem?

Tom
06-08-2005, 10:06 PM
That guy creeps me out!

I hope he isn't coming to Toga III!

How would you like to carry on a 6 month internet argument with somebody and then find out is was HIM! Yikes!
Ljb, you know I was just kidding , right? :lol:

ljb
06-09-2005, 06:23 PM
That guy creeps me out!

I hope he isn't coming to Toga III!

How would you like to carry on a 6 month internet argument with somebody and then find out is was HIM! Yikes!
Ljb, you know I was just kidding , right? :lol:
Tom,
If you don't stop picking on me, I am going to take you off my buddy list. :kiss: