PDA

View Full Version : Two grooms

Valuist
06-07-2005, 09:33 AM
I rarely hear this one used as as angle. Maybe because you have to be in the paddock or walking ring to notice it. I was in the paddock at Arlington last Friday and saw a filly who was jumping out of her skin. Not in a bad way; just on her toes, neck bowed, shiny coat etc. As she paraded around the walking ring, she needed two grooms. Just don't see this too often. This one ran to her looks; winning fairly easily although having to survive an inquiry in the process.

kenwoodallpromos
06-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Aeen it a couple od times but not often enough to try as an angle.

WJ47
06-07-2005, 02:38 PM
In general, I think that you have to keep an eye out if there is an exceptionally good looking horse in the post parade. The other day I was watching TVG, and in the post parade for Churchill, I noticed an incredible looking horse, so I wagered on him. He won at 9/2 despite a troubled trip. The other day at Hollywood, there was the most gorgeous shiny, healthy looking horse in the last race. His name was Preston's Boy, and he was magnificent, dancing and a glistening coat. Well, he won in a romp, pulling away. He looked so darn good in the post parade that I knew that my Pick 4 was screwed! :) Alot of times, the gorgeous horse will finish 2nd, so sometimes if I see one, I'll bet to place too if he is 15/1 or higher or put him in an exacta with the 2 favorites. My theory is that a trainer can darken form, but he can't hide a horse that comes onto the track fit and ready to run. Sometimes a horse will look exceptional and finish poorly, but heck, that's horse racing, and I'll conclude that it was just a beautiful "slow" horse. But horses that are real nice in the post parade seem to win or place in alot of races.