PDA

View Full Version : Already, doubts are raised about Magna

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Interesting article on the newly proposed track in Romulus (why do I always think Star Trek when I hear that city name??)

http://www.detnews.com/2005/business/0506/07/C01-206168.htm

Pertinent quote:

At the time, Stronach promised to renovate both tracks and vowed that the Preakness Stakes, the second jewel in horse racing's Triple Crown, held in May at Pimlico, would remain at the track. He said the tracks did not need slot machines to pay for the upgrades.

Much has changed in three years. Magna Entertainment, which has lost $219 million since 2002, has done little to renovate the rickety facilities at Pimlico.

Magna now says no more money will be spent there unless the Maryland Legislature approves slot machines at the tracks.

rrbauer
06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Love this characterization of Stronach: "He is known as a maverick and a risk-taker whose gambles typically pay off big."

The omitted the part about his risk-taking and the fact that it's always with other peoples money.

Valuist
06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
That last sentence could also apply to Gary Tanaka.

andicap
06-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Other People's Money.

Don't most rich entrepreneurs get where they are by investing with other people's money? That's how you keep the risk down.

CryingForTheHorses
06-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Love this characterization of Stronach: "He is known as a maverick and a risk-taker whose gambles typically pay off big."

The omitted the part about his risk-taking and the fact that it's always with other peoples money.

Yes a maverick he is!
I dont blame him for not wanting to play if the "Big Boys" wont play..Im sure you will see slots in MaryLand!..Frankie seems to get his way.

the little guy
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes a maverick he is!
I dont blame him for not wanting to play if the "Big Boys" wont play..Im sure you will see slots in MaryLand!..Frankie seems to get his way.Honestly, do you ever have any facts, or do you just blather without any information? Do you know anything about Stronach, or more precisely, why he wasn't at Pimlico for the Preakness? He was essentially forced to stay away by the intelligensia of Magna, as he doesn't think they need slots in Maryland, and as I'm sure you can tell from the telecast, Magna feels differently.

CryingForTheHorses
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Honestly, do you ever have any facts, or do you just blather without any information? Do you know anything about Stronach, or more precisely, why he wasn't at Pimlico for the Preakness? He was essentially forced to stay away by the intelligensia of Magna, as he doesn't think they need slots in Maryland, and as I'm sure you can tell from the telecast, Magna feels differently.

Im sure I do know a little more about him then you my friend,I dont blab I know the man!!..He is a hard-ass like you!!..He can dominate a crowd in a instant and make a crowd stand. You my friend need a lesson on how to treat people, I cant help you dont like the man.. your problem, The Frank I know would "kick" your ass in a heartbeat!
Why cant you say something nice about a man who has lot millions trying to make a better sport!.

the little guy
06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Im sure I do know a little more about him then you my friend,I dont blab I know the man!!..He is a hard-ass like you!!..He can dominate a crowd in a instant and make people stand. You my friend need a lesson on how to treat people, I cant help you dont like the man.. your problem, The Frank I know would "kick" your ass in a heartbeat!!Yet another succinct and eloquent response. I want to congratulate you for your consistancy.

kenwoodallpromos
06-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I do not know personal stuff about Stronach at all; In fact I did not miss Stronach at all because I never heard it mentioned that he was not at the Preakness. I guess it just slipped the TV hosts' minds.

toetoe
06-08-2005, 10:49 PM
The four brothers of the Maverick family.

Alex, who are:

1)Brett

2)Bart

3)Romulus, and

4)Remus?