PDA

View Full Version : oh my God!

joeyspicks
06-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I just read huge thread in this catagory....mostly concerning statistical analaysis (I guess? ) I didnt understand MOST of it (I'm serious:confused: ). I have pen a "paper and pen" handicapper for the past 20 some years. It took me 15 of those to figure a way to make a profit. The past 5 years have been very good (for me)
but these discussions have me wondering.......

Do you make money with this information? A NET profit ??:bang:

respectfully,

Joe

skate
06-05-2005, 11:58 AM
they get away from the "KISS method", over analysis.

end up where they started and play the chalk.

just my opinion.

oh ya, then they tell you about the cheating.

some do!

Buckeye
06-05-2005, 12:02 PM
They're making ALL the money Joe. :)

Jeff P
06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
posted by joeyspicks- just read huge thread in this catagory....mostly concerning statistical analaysis (I guess? ) I didnt understand MOST of it (I'm serious ). I have pen a "paper and pen" handicapper for the past 20 some years. It took me 15 of those to figure a way to make a profit. The past 5 years have been very good (for me)
but these discussions have me wondering.......

Do you make money with this information? A NET profit ??
Yes. Definitely and without question. But like anything else you might do successfully, be prepared to put in the hours.

You mentioned it took you 15 years to find profitability using pen and paper. A player armed with a database, who approaches the game in a creative way, and who will go to any lengths to assemble the right information, will cut that time dramatically.

IMHO, if you want to become profitable at this game there are very few viable shortcuts. What you get out of playing horses is directly related to how much you put in.

-jp