PDA

View Full Version : Nick Borg Books?

Speed Figure
06-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Does anyone have any of his writings?

cj
06-05-2005, 06:08 AM
I have his "Off The Charts" book from DRF, didn't think much of it to be honest. Haven't read any of his others.

headhawg
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
speedfig,

I've read The Ultimate Pace Handicapper, The Hidden Par Method, and WinGenerate 2000. That last one was a $75 system that couldn't pick a one horse race right! His general approach was to take raw times and adjust them in a somewhat unique way based on the DRF variant or track record times. Didn't work for me and I don't think there is information in them that you would find useful. Maybe a handicapping nOOb would get something out of The Ultimate Pace Handicapper, but that's about it.

HH

Speed Figure
06-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Do you have The Ultimate Pace Handicapper & WinGenerate 2000.

headhawg
06-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry, but no. I sold some stuff about six months ago on Ebay and they were part of a bundle. (I think maybe all three.)

Zaf
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I have Off The Charts also. I didn't really like it either. He would break races down into split times and credit horses who ran fast splits and possibly had bad posts or bad trips. My problem with his methods was that he measured these splits with no regard to Par Times. Not a very sound method.

ZAFONIC

Speed Figure
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Sorry, but I wasn't talking about Off The Charts. I was talking about the older books.

timtam
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
I have the computer program for Win generate 2000. I know that Barry Meadows gave it a rough review but the program itself works fine for me. It gives a hidden par / win generate/ lists horses which qualify on pace and speed / it gives figures for last race run as well as figures for each call. I know its been out of print for a while and using only the win generate part as a black box doesn't work well , however, the other information sorted out by the computer is a fine handicapping tool . I should state that Barry Meadows only reviewed the paper/pencil method and as far as I know did not review the computer program.

This is the same program I gave to High roller and saw it up for sale a day later. Oh well ............. : :rolleyes:

mikeb
06-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Timtam
What's good for the goose is NOT always good for the gander.
Like you said BM probably was only reffering to the paper-pencil method.
I personally wouldn't make a serious play unless it had a double "CC"
if you know what i mean.

HWNN

timtam
06-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I know exactly what you mean :)