PDA

View Full Version : 3 SoCal stewards fired- Thoroughbred Times

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
In this morning- Volzke, Pederson, and Williams running their last meet, fired by the CHRB "not due to their age". And more CHRB investigator changes due soon.
Anybody know why 3 stewards get fired from a single meet (Hollywood) at the same time?

Tom
06-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Not because of thier age???? They actually said that? :lol:

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode...not that there's anything wrong with that!

Dan Montilion
06-04-2005, 12:33 AM
In this morning- Volzke, Pederson, and Williams running their last meet, fired by the CHRB "not due to their age". And more CHRB investigator changes due soon.
Anybody know why 3 stewards get fired from a single meet (Hollywood) at the same time?

They were not from the same meeting.

Dan Montilion

kenwoodallpromos
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
My email from them and DRF makes it sounds like general house cleaning, more efficiency, shaking up the status quo. I think, now they are tightening up the enforcement ship.

Tom
06-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Sounds wacky - they go on about how much these guys hve helped the game and what good people thay have been for years, but it time for a change.

Change to what? Rude, drunken incompetants runnig the show? Stewarrds with a price? Sheez. Do good get fired.
California racing is just such a joke, from top to bottom.

rrbauer
06-05-2005, 06:53 PM
1. FORMER STEWARD Ingrid Fermin (female) now exec-head of CHRB removing some pains-in-the-asses (male) from her past?

2. The oldest stewards on any major circuit NOT BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THEIR AGE. Yeah, Right!

JimG
06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
I understand Moe, Larry, and Curly were happy to hear about the job openings!:D

Jim

NoDayJob
06-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Sounds wacky - they go on about how much these guys hve helped the game and what good people thay have been for years, but it time for a change. Do good get fired. California racing is just such a joke, from top to bottom.

:lol: Ah yes, "No good deed shall go unpunished." -- CB Luce

Bet those three hire a good age discrimination attorney. :lol:

NDJ