PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Bolton nomination

betchatoo
06-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I have been extremely busy over the last few weeks and have not followed the news as closely as I normally do. So my question is: these papers that Democrats want to see before they agree to a vote on Bolton, are they something they have a legitimate expectation and right to look at prior to voting on his nomination?

Suff
06-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I have been extremely busy over the last few weeks and have not followed the news as closely as I normally do. So my question is: these papers that Democrats want to see before they agree to a vote on Bolton, are they something they have a legitimate expectation and right to look at prior to voting on his nomination?

The way I see it, The Democrats are doing the Republicans dirty work. Many Republicans do not want Bolton, but cannot say so publicly.

He's J. Edgar reincarnated. He's been spying on the Government. The U.S. Govt. He's requested wire intercepts on many US politicians, on both sides.

Separately, a top intelligence officer prepared to brief several lawmakers about the embattled nominee’s requests for the names of U.S. officials whose communications were picked up by the secret National Security Agency. Both Democrats and Republicans have sought details about Bolton’s pursuit of the NSA information.

Suff
06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
And In response to the Direct Question of how much information are they entitled to?

The State Dept has provided less the 500 documents on Bolton. That inlcudes mostly speechs he has given publicly, and unclassifed memo's and e-mails.

The guy has a 25+ year public service carreer. He's a member of the inner circle of Top Intelligensia'........and 500 phoney baloney pieces of paper is what they gave the Senate? Not enough!

A guy with his background, and the intelligence failures surrounding Iraq, and 9-11-01 should be looked at hard.

I can fit 500 documents in a Milk Crate. Do you think thats enough? I don't

Tom
06-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Then let them hold the vote and vote him down if they think he is not qualified or that they don't have enough evidence. But then again, this is the same bunch of dildos who vote on legislation they have not read, so whatta ya expect?

This whole 14 senator deal crap was nothing more than McCain's first campaign stop. The little weasel unleashed his 2008 bid along with his A&E movie on the taxpayer's nickel. Remind me to support whoever runs against this jerk from whatever party or planet, and that includes Al Sharpton!:eek: