PDA

View Full Version : Help with HTRF 7.5

rebrick99
05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I have HTRF 7.5 along with electronic pars. It can use up to 10 past performance lines. Iam having problems understanding what pace lines to
use.Do i look at last 2 or last 5 races. I dont pick my pace lines, i let the
program pick them for me. Also the pars dont seem to help much with getting
the winner in the top 3 very often. Iam about ready to give up on handicapping. I cant seem to get it right. Horses that look like they should
win run up the track and the horses that dont show anything in early or late
speed win. What good are the par times if they dont help pick winners.

Zaf
05-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Do you have the option of choosing your own pace lines ? If so that may be the way to go. Try to stick to more recent races on the same surface, and same distance structure.

ZAFONIC

JimG
05-31-2005, 08:25 PM
I have HTRF 7.5 along with electronic pars. It can use up to 10 past performance lines. Iam having problems understanding what pace lines to
use.Do i look at last 2 or last 5 races. I dont pick my pace lines, i let the
program pick them for me. Also the pars dont seem to help much with getting
the winner in the top 3 very often. Iam about ready to give up on handicapping. I cant seem to get it right. Horses that look like they should
win run up the track and the horses that dont show anything in early or late
speed win. What good are the par times if they dont help pick winners.

I just browsed your posts on Pace Advantage and see you have bought a ton of programs and have not had good results from any of them. Par times don't pick winners...software doesn't pick winners...handicappers pick winners.

The right software can help if you take the time to learn it. Jumping from software to software (Duopix was what you were using last month??) will do nothing but cost you money both for the software and playing picks without knowing what you are doing. I know this because I used to do the same thing.

If you really want to learn how to use HTRF, email Jim Ott, the program author and he will gladly give you some guidance. I would suggest learning what all the readouts mean prior to worrying about the software picking a winner for you. The fact is, it won't. Hopefully you will after learning it.

Jim

andicap
05-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Rebrick,
I see you're from Louisiana. Betting into the tracks in that state would make ME give up racing.
Are you betting into any other tracks, say in New York, where the results are more logical? I'm always scratching my head over the results at La. tracks.

Have you read any good handicapping books and established a procedure for selecting contenders and then narrowing down the field. Choosing pacelins and using software by itself is useless if you don't hold a good fundamental grasp on the sport.

But then again -- and no offense to the good folks in La. -- this is a state that has re-elected corrupt governors and prides itself on a culture that gives the rogues who reside and operate there cult status.

On the other hand, the food and music are the best in the country and I always got treated well at the Fair Grounds.

The Judge
06-01-2005, 12:06 AM
I may have asked you this many years ago maybe before we had to register. Were you written about by Andrew Beyer in one of his books?

turfbar
06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
use last race and best race

andicap
06-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I may have asked you this many years ago maybe before we had to register. Were you written about by Andrew Beyer in one of his books?

Not me, but there is a guy on this board with the same first name as myself -- The Little Guy -- who is a friend of Beyer's. (Not sure if Andy B. wrote about TLG tho.)

That's three Andys -- what are the odds?
;)