PDA

View Full Version : Question for You Database Guys

michiken
05-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Here is one for you database gurus!

For those of you who have a large data collection, perhaps you could run the following queries. I would like these to only include internal fractions and not adding them to E2, etc. and regardless of last or today's distance:

1. Considering a horse's last race only, how often does the winner have the highest Turn Time?

2. Ditto considering the best of the horse's last 3 races.

3. Last race only, how often does the winner have the best final fraction?

4. Ditton considering the horse's last 3 pacelines.

5. Same type of queries for Speed Fig.

Thanks in advance.

rrbauer
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Quick observation.

The questions that you're trying to answer need to be viewed from the perspective of the winning profile for the track/distance/surface that you're analyzing.

michiken
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Since I am particularly fond of route races, let me narrow down these questions to a narrower format. In addition to the above, please consider the following criteria:

1. Race distances from 1 mile to 1 1/16 miles.

2. Surface shall be a fast dirt track.

3. Class shall be $3-5000 claiming males 3 years old and up. (Yes I prefer the cheaper tracks with larger fields).

4. Timeframe shall be the summer months say July through August.

5. The distance of the last race shall be not considered. If someone could break it down to sprinters going long versus true milers, it would be a plus.

Again, thanks in advance.

J-bred
06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
A "fast" dirt track at, say, Churchill Downs will likely have a much different profile than a "fast" dirt track at Monmouth Park.