PDA

View Full Version : Mass Fear Software!

Maxspa
05-29-2005, 07:53 PM
All,
After much thought. I purchased Mass Fear software. I didn't particulaly like the title, the advertising approach nor their response to Tim Tam. It was purely a contrarian reason for acquiring this software.
Since I received the software there have been some understandable glitches in the software. Registering the product using a sophisticated process proved difficult. The programmer has been extremely helpful and I received exemplary phone help to resolve the problems. Ellis(the programmer) went beyond the necessary steps and sent special files to alleviate the problem.
The Mass Fear process is not complicated and is a black box method. Currently, I am downloading Apx, Bel, Cdx, Crc, Del, Hol, Mth, and Suf TSN Procap race files and exotic results files. One has to keep in mind that patience is important here. It's like a bet it and forget it situation because a few winners can make the difference. It's not the win % that is important, it's the R.O.I. that is the bottom line Therefore, it is a must that you bet every selection and not skip days.
Exacta bettors can use Mass Fear because there are some good place prices. For example today at Monmouth, Ponches Solo a Mass Fear selection finished second and paid $27.20 to place.
I plan to use the software for 15 more days. This will give me a month of selections to evaluate. Results will be shared with this forum.
My purpose for this review is not to sell the software but is an informational report for PA members, much like MaxCapper.
Maxspa

46zilzal
05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
what an odd name

KingChas
05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Google Search-Mass Fear software-turns up nothing?

John
05-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Believe me you are lucky it turned up goolge nothing...its for sale on ebay.

NoDayJob
06-06-2005, 04:12 AM
:) They claim 22% ROI and it's a black box too. If it performs, then it's worth $500.00 for the complete set up. Let me know as soon as you have gotten your money back on your selections. Then I'll give it a go. :)

NDJ

hurrikane
06-06-2005, 07:47 AM
All,
It's like a bet it and forget it situation because a few winners can make the difference. It's not the win % that is important, it's the R.O.I. that is the bottom line Therefore, it is a must that you bet every selection and not skip days.

thanks Max,

you need to be careful with this train of though though. win% does matter in the sense that a low win% and high ROI if indicative of one or 2 bombs in the mix. Remove them and you likely have a negative ROI. I'm sure you already realize this.

Also, with a low win% you can go through long runout going deep into you pockets.

I can show you lots of 25% ROI plays with a 8-9% win. They're just not playable at that rate.

Maxspa
06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Hurricane,
Good Point! One has to be careful because a longshot winner can be an aberation, in that, it may never happen again. I'm testing several tracks and hopefully the results will indicate the genuine program worth- positive or negative.
That being said, the approach to longshot betting can be totally different. Yes, there can be long runouts and one must be prepared for that possibility. One of the ways to combat the anxiety is to get a separate account, bet small amounts and have lots of patience. If the program is successful then you've got a money maker.
Of course you are an experienced handicapper and have the knowledge and experience to handle this situation. My sole purpose is to inform handicappers about available software and whether it shows promise or not.
Maxspa

acorn54
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM
i got a kick out of the story and motivation behind mass fear.that is mentioned in the software presentation on ebay. not saying it isn't a viable software.
anyway, software developer says he is limiting sales to 100.
acorn

midnight
06-07-2005, 01:51 AM
It might just be me, but the ad on Ebay seemed too slick, had too many irrelevant technical terms, and had a couple of contradictions (The workouts for 2005 didn't gel with their claim of about two plays per track per day).

Will be interested to see what Maxspa's results are.

timtam
06-07-2005, 03:43 AM
why the different prices for the different regions? Is he controlling his sales

for each region? Just black box it and play 1% and you'll turn a profit.

You might be able to do better just playing the 5th selection down in Sweeps

column. I just think there is something shady with this guy and this has

nothing to do with the go F** comment. I too am interested in the findings

because if it works ............

Buckeye
06-07-2005, 06:48 AM
I can show you lots of 25% ROI plays with a 8-9% win. They're just not playable at that rate.
hurrikane,
Interested in your thoughts about playable limits, I have one that in 15 months shows a 12% ROI and 15% win percentage on 4000 plays.
Thanks.

hurrikane
06-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Ii have something running about the same Buckeye.

Not getting quite the churn you are though. good luck.

jk3521
06-16-2005, 09:14 AM
:D Well, it's been more than two weeks and still no word from Maxpa on "Mass Fear". He must not want to share the results with us because he's too busy spending his mother lode of winnings.

John
06-16-2005, 10:12 AM
jk,

I talked with Max the other day and believe me He is working Feverishly
to come up with a fair and honest appraisal. My personal feeling is that
for a software that is to give longshots, picks a lot of short price horses
that don't win. That is at my track......Someone else my have a different
view.

kingfin66
06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I e-mailed Max about something else the other day and he replied that he has been very busy working on a review for this software. I honestly hadn't heard of the software before he mentioned it. Patience....

Maxspa
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
All,
The software requires at least "60-90 days of back data" page 3 of the Mass Fear Manual, page 11 and "Typically Mass Fear requires a minimum of two-three weeks of past performance and results data for proper application"
I guess there is a choice or a misnomer. That being said, I will use the month of June for evaluation. Some tracks like Suffolk Downs will have very few plays, while Belmont and Churchill will have several. I'm recording both win and place results because the program may have some value as an exacta place horse selector.
Look for my review tentatively July 5th. My stats are up to date so once the deadline is reached only typing the results will be left.
Maxspa

jk3521
06-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Maxspa,

thank you for the update. I hope that all this time and expense is worth it for you.

John
06-16-2005, 07:38 PM
jk

It has more to do with time and expense than you can imagine.

Maxspa has a soft spot in his heart for all of us frustrated horse players who put up their hard earned money believing that the software they are purchasing will lead them to riches.

Maxspa,will purchase a software before you even hear about it just so he can evaluate it and then tell us so you can decide for yourself to purchase it or not.

Maxspa,a more caring and generous man you will never meet.

John

Maxspa
06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
John,
Thank you for the kind words and support. Next thing John will ask me to do is Root for The Red Sox and that's will never happen! Go Yankees!
Maxspa

JimG
06-16-2005, 10:02 PM
John,

At the risk of this sounding like a lovefest, I concur regarding Maxspa being one heck of a nice guy. He gave me a manual he was no longer using to a no longer sold software that I use today and it has been a great benefit to me. He refused to accept any payment, even for mailing. Maxspa is truly a classy guy.

Jim

jk3521
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Guys, I am certainly one of those frustrated handicapping software users and I appreciate all that Maxspa does. Good man!

Zaf
06-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Ditto , Thanks for your efforts Maxspa !!!

ZAFONIC

Speed Figure
06-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Ditto , Thanks for your efforts Maxspa !!!

ZAFONICI second that! The man loves handicapping software. Thanks for taking the time! :cool:

jk3521
07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I notice that different versions of the software are sold for different racing circuits. I don't understand why since selection are made using data files which are loaded by the user . On the website it states " Mass fear searches for certain recognizeable patterns in downloaded past performance and results files". Why different versions? Very suspicious .

Maxspa
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
This is strictly my opinion, but it was a unique marketing approach to sell the software. For example If you bought one circuit and it was successful, you might want to buy a second circuit to increase your profits. If you wanted to take a chance and buy the Universal one you could use it on any track.
It would be interesting to know whether this plan has worked to the software developer's advantage!!!
Maxspa

John
07-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah Max, This vendor is not being fair. I have cj.s software that will generate figures at any track I chose. I like that, because if I don't like the card at one track I can chose another.