PDA

View Full Version : Oratory 114 Beyer

cj
05-29-2005, 05:37 AM
...but unlikely for the Belmont.

From DRF:
"I think the Belmont will be most unlikely,'' said Albertrani, who has his sights set on the Travers on Aug. 27 at Saratoga. "Before we make any decisions, we'll let Sheikh Mohammed decide if he wants to do that or not.''

KingChas
05-29-2005, 09:33 AM
CJ-Just curious what fig did Ingot get in MSW 6f =109.3 for the fastest 6f of day?

RXB
05-29-2005, 11:34 AM
I can understand that they're a bit hesitant about the two-week turnaround. (Indictment of what silly breeding practices has done to the contemporary thoroughbred.)

However, there's a $1 million up for grabs, and the opposition isn't exactly daunting. Plus, the energy distribution for this horse was beautiful for a stretchout to a long distance. This isn't Purge II.

Valuist
05-29-2005, 11:54 AM
There aren't too many horses who move forward away from the inner dirt. Maybe it took Bailey up to realize this horse wants the front end.

Suff
05-29-2005, 11:57 AM
...but unlikely for the Belmont.
who has his sights set on the Travers on Aug. 27 at Saratoga.
"Before we make any decisions, we'll let Sheikh Mohammed decide if he wants to do that or not.''

I'm in negotiations for a "sit down" at the Spa with you & Sheikh Mohammed. We'll take the Shiekh on an all nighter in downtown Saratoga. We'll fix the Middle East over Drinks at 33 Maple!

Oratory at 5-1. Very square. I saved off him in some double's to Lemon Drop King in the finale. Did you see that race. Lemon Drop King needs some ridilin. He threw the jock in the paddock. Chewed up the pony on the way out, nearly unseated an out rider. The Bolted to the lead while rank...Throwing his head. looking around, he STILL ran very strong until very deep stretch.

I was trying to make some stupid money to take to the Belmont. I went down in flames yesterday. I'm scrambling for traveling money for a weekend in NYC @ the Belmont next Saturday.

Oratory. The Horse's name is singed in my brain. I had Chekhov who never really got a call. If he was'nt 7-5 he would'nt have. Made a tiny tiny little move 4 wide on the turn... Flattened out. No Factor. When I bet a horse at 7/5 I like to Factor at least. Chekhov broke my bank and heart yesterday. F'ng horse!

Oratory 12 bucks with Bailey. I'll never forget it.

RXB
05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
There aren't too many horses who move forward away from the inner dirt. Maybe it took Bailey up to realize this horse wants the front end.

I don't think Bailey really sent the horse; it just broke sharply and with a 24.05 opening quarter, there it is. The only real frontrunner was Reverberate (my bet, who is not a breakaway speed horse) and the only presser was Sir Greeley, who broke poorly. The rest were all clearly off-pace horses.

cj
05-29-2005, 12:14 PM
CJ-Just curious what fig did Ingot get in MSW 6f =109.3 for the fastest 6f of day?

I don't know, you can usually find the fast ones in the Leaderboard at DRF, they don't give all the races.

Suff
05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
. The rest were all clearly off-pace horses.

Your right. I thought Chekhov was the type to run at anything in front of him. Unless something went on that I'm unaware of, he sure looked like a one run type to me. No one laid a Glove on the winners past the 1/8th pole.

Even though it was 24.05, I't wasn't effortless. If there's a lot of jockeying into a 24.05 I may take .5 or so off the fraction in my mental calculator while watching the race..... I thought I'd see someone at least coming hard?

KingChas
05-29-2005, 07:28 PM
No one laid a Glove on the winners past the 1/8th pole.

Even though it was 24.05, I't wasn't effortless. If there's a lot of jockeying into a 24.05 I may take .5 or so off the fraction in my mental calculator while watching the race..... I thought I'd see someone at least coming hard?

Let's see
AQU- Bellamy Rd=120
BEL- Oratory =114
CD- Giacomo =100
PIM- Afleet A =112
????????????????????? ;)

KingChas
05-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Sorry Typo error

NY tracks big races get lead and pull away.
Maybe Mr B needs to update his NY par times?
Aweful big figs coming on NY tracks :eek:

See comparison to TC races above post

Suff
05-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Over the winter when they brought in The new Track Super from MD & reassigned Poricelli I made a comment. I said the track may play different under new management. I got some strong opposition to that opinion.

But they are so involved , its hard for them not to have thier Finger Prints on the way its playing.. It may not be playing different, the Par guys, and historical DB guys would now better. But I Think it is.

The track super controls the race track in the AM and PM. He controls excerise times ...and that can get tricky during inclemnet weather. He push's them to the outside to work. Although I do see less "dogs out" work outs published.

He decides how deep the rake is. They can turn a surface inside out, pack it, or loosen it. He seals and unseals. He moves water off the track in his own way.

?? who knows

KingChas
05-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Suff good point-After thinking about my post on figs-Scrappy T did put in a fine performance in Preakness after running 2nd to Bellamys big fig in NY.Perhaps they just ,should I say fluff up(sic) the NY surfaces for the big ones?Interested to see times and figs for todays MET.---Good Luck