PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe the hype

Elysium Stables
05-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I find it interesting that horses like Bellamy road, Declans Moon and Bandini continue to linger in the spotlight despite the appearance of other better horses. For instance if you look at watchmakers list of top horses Declans Moon is number 3..whats with that? I never thought he was that good to begin with look what happened to all the other horses that left CA to actually test themselves. He beat roman ruler who turned out to be a complete dud, and Wilko who was suffering from a quarter crack, so what? Yes he is a nice horse but I dont think he belongs with the likes of AA or Giacomo, especially since he hasnt done anything in months. And on that same list lingers Bandini at #10...why? Just because of the bluegrass? And then there is Bellamy road, who is a beautiful horse that ran a very suspect 120 beyer that turned out to be rightly so. And yet people still mention him as one of the best 3 year olds in the country...why? I highly doubt that anyone will ever see BR repeat his preformance in the wood. I just thinks its funny that horses like these are still on top yet the best 3yo in the country is finally just now getting the recognition he deserved last year (AA). Am I the only one who sees this? Is this due to the fact that the afformentioned horses are or were trained and riden by big names unlilke the top 3 finishers in the derby who were all trained by first timer? Just curious....:cool:

Tom
05-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Just becasue someone has column space at DRF doesn't mean they have anything to offer.

Watchmaker might as well post his grocery list.

Maybe they could fire him and hire a proofreader for SIm Weekly - where it appears to be an impossible task for them to know what tracks run every week. They have an annoying little habit of missing tracks almost every week. Which is pretty much the mark of amatures.

But, I am not one to harbor grudges, so I will offer this link to Stevie Crist, becase theses guys seem to have mastered knowing who ran when.....

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/bris_resmenu.cgi

After Stevie gets this one down, I will post some links for him to learn about mailing things, another DRF problem area. :rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
05-28-2005, 07:50 PM
That is my attitude toward injured horses.
As far as I am concerned 3 yr olds have been beating each other all year so whether you believe they are all good or all bad I say they are mostly even so exciting.
I would not try to judge injured horses by what they may have done IF they were not out- I never cashed a ticket on a WHAT IF.

RXB
05-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Just becasue someone has column space at DRF doesn't mean they have anything to offer.

Watchmaker might as well post his grocery list.

:D Best (and most accurate) post of the year.

skate
05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
yes, i think that "top-tens", no mater the sport (movie, etc.), opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

and the trainers have something to do with "it", fine.

the number "1" means little to me, unless its my opinion. which should in turn, mean little to others.

im thinking Bellamy Road will be back, big time. and so will Scrappy.

just me!