PDA

View Full Version : Non-horseplayers success in the big races

BELMONT 6-6-09
05-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Every triple crown season friends and collegues ask my opinion on the upcoming triple crown races,as if looking for the simple solution to betting on the winner and earning bragging rights for themselves.

My answer is alway's the same," these are tough races explaining all the uncertainties involves with these virtually unproven three year-olds attempting to run at racks and distances they have never attempted". my advice is to alway's seek value and try to beat the favorite for at least you will be rewarded for your effort.

Almost every year my selection is no where to be found,or, missing via a tough trip etc., while many of my friends and others seem to catch the exotic payoff or at least a healthy win mutuel for there limited investment in time handicapping the big three.May be next year i follow my own advice and cash a ticket in these perplexing affairs. HA HA . Does this happen to any other every day horseplayers? Zappi

Skanoochies
05-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, me too. But the fortunate thing is, after asking me for a few years, they gave up asking me. Guess why? :D :D :D

KingChas
05-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Same problem here I hold my own throughout the year until the TC races.Mainly the Derby.I have picked a few but % wise- ughh! Now my wife exact opposite shines on Derby.She handicaps the trainers.(LOL)Of course her favorite is Nick Zito and DWL so she has done pretty damm good.The only derby I got lucky with in a nonhandicapping sense,was after ingesting a few(understatement) beers I gave my wife a $20 and said bet Pat Day for me he's overdue. Lil E Tee :D

Observer
05-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Just proves how you really don't need any fancy handicapping techniques .. and it'd be great if less people were intimidated by the task of handicapping a race .. and instead just went to have some fun without the idea of handicapping.

It's always been my experience that when anyone new went to the track with a dedicated handicapper .. the newbie always seemed to have some awesome story of cashing, while the seasoned handicapper was cooked!
:bang:

KingChas
05-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Agree Observer-The best thing that could happen to this capper on Derby week is Jury duty. :D No internet- no newspapers- no pro picks.Every year I cap a selection then change mind because of workouts,pedigree,dosage, never won rules.......etc.etc.etc............And too many other peoples opinions. :bang: I need to relax and sit back and smell the roses. ;)

depalma13
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Your best bet in the derby since 2001 has been an all/all exacta. You would have lost in 2003 and 2004, but 2001, 2002 and 2005 more than made up for those defeats.