PDA

View Full Version : Angles revisited...

grahors
05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
The previous thread was regarding how hcappers figure out angles.
How about one on just favorite angles...I realize there are other threads like this out there....just abit of freshening up.
Here's one...
"outside moving in" Horse ran well from an outside post last time and is moving to an inside post (1 or 2) today. This one was in ATM a few years ago and "seems" to work OK when I remember it.
One more...
A show of speed a the 1st call in last race, or a gain of 4 or more l from 1st call to str., or a gain of 4 or more from pre stretch to finnish. Also has a 3 or 4 f work 3 days from race. (ATM)
Grahors...
Are they really angles or just good handicapping?

hurrikane
05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I can tell you that none will stand up alone.

all seem to point to a fresh horse. With other factors they may help tell you if a horse is fresh and ready.

kenwoodallpromos
05-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Hur is right about running wide. I once saw a chart where a horse ran 8 wide all the way with no one inside him! He lost the next out!

mcikey01
05-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Wondering what is more successful in the long run , using angles as positive handicapping factors ) to assist contender selection (especially longshots)or negative handicapping factors to assist contender elimination(especially favorites) ???

There must be many ways to approch a response to my question.

I suppose a partial answer would be that whether positive or negative angle, if I am focusing on selection or elimination on just one contender (especially the favorite) compared to using angles on many potential contenders, my job is made easier (but maybe not more successful) by examining just one potential contender (especially, the favorite)

However, that doesn't directly address the question from a Win % or ROI standpoint, if using angles to help handicap most or all of the field.