PDA

View Full Version : Lock of The weekend

Suff
05-27-2005, 10:58 AM
4 Chekhov ............... Stevens G , 3-1 ML

In the Grade 2 Peter Pan Saturday at Belmont. Tommorrows the coming out party. This Colt's a Force.

Maxspa
05-27-2005, 11:38 AM
LOCK OF THE WEEKEND!!!

THE YANKEES WIN!!!!

THE YANKEES WIN!!!

THE YANKEES WIN!!!

Valuist
05-27-2005, 12:23 PM
The Peter Pan is the early leader in being the worst Grade 2 of 2005. I've seen NW2Xs come up tougher than this.

the Bid
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Mr Sword is the only entrant not eligible for NW2x. Some are NWix eleigible. but then the derby winner was NW1x when he won the biggest race of the year.

I like Reverberate. he could be a good one and he has some foundation. he beat older last time in a hard fought effort. I hope he doesn't bounce.

tonto1944
05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I do know that one of my picks for a ex and tri tomorrow will be Robador. If the trainer and owner spends the money to travel 3,000 miles ,then they must really feel he has a good shot. The only draw back is the jock may make a mistake and make a premitire move with the beast. I am also leaning towards Sir Greely and either Chekov or Golden Man,haven't decided yet.But I do know that Robador will be in my ex and tri.:jump: :ThmbUp:

Tee
05-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Chekhov is on the front page of the drf - isn't that the kiss of death? :)

I'll take a look at the two outside slots tomorrow.

Suff
05-27-2005, 06:48 PM
I agree, and its one of the reasons I think he'll be a fair price. Something I can live with$$, while betting a horse I like. It's one of the beautys of being a hobbyist. I can bet horses I like.

I saw Chekhov win his MDN brkr last out. I'm betting my eyes. I know a monster when I see one. He floored me. I saw something in his eye in deep stretch.

The angle is opposite what I normally play. I toss Mdn's first time against winners automatically Its one of my favorite (toss) handicapping angles, because its quick and clean.

But I'm exusing that because he did run in the Sham 125K. So even though its big jump up to GRD2. Its been noted the field is massaged. Truthfully and people may say I'm naive to Colt development, but after I saw him win that Maiden race, I had a PIPE DREAM they would think about the Preakness Stakes. I went so far as mentioning him as a possible entry in the "Who's in the Preakness" thread.

Being a hobbyist I can fiddle and diddle with the reasons I'll bet a horse.

chrisg
05-27-2005, 07:45 PM
12-1 on Mr Sword is awfully generous I think & that's who I'm taking in the Peter Pan .

He lost the Lane's End moving too early. I think that big effort set him up for the big loss in the Blue Grass .

A layoff would do him good; now he's had one & he doesn't have to face any Graded Stakes winners.

For workout fans, a 6f work for 9f race is good to see, no?

And for dosage fans , his profile fits w/past winners.

And for BSF fans, he's got nowhere to go but up after that last one.

I tried not to leave anybody out :D :D :D

;)

RXB
05-28-2005, 04:06 AM
I can't get too enthused about Mr Sword. Numbers aren't good enough, and I don't like his breeding for anything more than a mile.

Every time I look at Oratory, I want to cry. (I made a big bet on that one in its debut; didn't seem to like the rail, finally got switched to the outside in the stretch and flew home but it was just too late.)

I think Reverberate could make a lot of noise here as he seems to be the frontrunner in a race without much early speed. And he's shown he can duel, if someone goes with him. Sir Greeley can sit close and he's been in very good form. I think those will be my top two win contenders unless the track is hampering frontrunners.

Suff
05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
$30,000ish a year. That might be what many PA members earn in year?.

Now Listen to Your Uncle Suff. Go get 10 grand quick. Do you own a house? Grab some equity. Your Mother gut 10 grand you can borrow for 4 hours?

This is what you do. Place that 10 dimes on the nose of Chekov in the 8th race at Belmont today. After, take the ticket to the window, they will give you 40 grand.

On your way home, stop by Mom's and give her 12. Keep 28 and take the rest of the year off. Courtesy of your Uncle Suff!!

WINMANWIN
05-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I think Chekov should make the Exacta today. If he Doesn't, I lose :mad: Possibly today, he will show his 3 Plus MILLION purchase PRICE :eek:
Bottom line is, How many in this field have run within 1 Length of Derby Winner Giacomo :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
05-28-2005, 12:48 PM
I see two runners setting the early pace: Sir Greeley and Reverberate. I don't think Reverberate can stay with Sir Greeley. Stevens is going to have to really crank Chekhov up to make up ground. I don't think the horse can do it.

Sir Greeley to win.

DJofSD

linrom1
05-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Chehkov +Reverberate: Struggler's Legend + Planets' Aligned monster double.

WINMANWIN
05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
2 speed # prevails with Bailey's only mount of the day. Guess Bailey has his Belmont horse with Oratory. No excuse for the Fave today, other than a Slow Pace. Another 1 that OWES ME :mad:

chrisg
05-28-2005, 05:58 PM
:lol:

I've found comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who didn't know squat!

:lol:

To the displeasure of some, I'll try again another day.

Suff
05-28-2005, 06:28 PM
If my Mother Calls. I'm not here. ;) :ThmbDown: :bang:

John
05-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Suff,I am suprised at you at you and WINMANWIN too. It is not like you guys to get high on a horse coming off a maiden win, no mather how easy he defeated maidens.

Next time he runs he will be in ALW NW1X [you will get the money then.]

John
05-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Suff: If my Mother Calls. I'm not here

Only your bookie called......

Suff
05-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Suff: If my Mother Calls. I'm not here
Only your bookie called......

LOL... I called him! If your talking about Charlie? :lol:

I called him Friday afternoon. I told him I was'nt dodging him, I've been working. He said he didn't give it a 2nd thought! :jump:

Steve 'StatMan'
05-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I hope they weren't just using the Peter Pan as a workout or a test for the Belmont. Sad to see you guys get stung for probably big money as it is. If they enter him in the Belmont (or worse, wins it) that'll just make it worse.

WINMANWIN
05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Looks like he will get 1st time LASIX in his next start. That may make a difference. :bang:

cj
05-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Looks like he will get 1st time LASIX in his next start. That may make a difference. :bang:

Almost unbelievable he wasn't getting it already! Seems like 90% of horses get it first time out of the box.

NoDayJob
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

I feel your pain, really. Usually those locks wind up doing you in. Now a mortal lock that's a different story.

NDJ