PDA

View Full Version : ...And more ESPN's Goldberg

saratoga guy
05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Did everyone catch Goldberg on the Preakness broadcast when Kenny Mayne asked what he would advise someone to do if they had only a $30 or $40 bankroll?

Here's the guy that they have onboard as their handicapping "expert" (at least I assume that's why he's there) -- and he had to have his arm twisted in order to actually offer something up.

He danced away from the question three times but Mayne kept pressing and he finally had to give in. C'mon Hank, that's what it's all about -- offer up an opinion!

(His eventual play was a 3-way exacta box, Closing Argument, Noble Causeway, High Fly).

... And once again, almost as annoying as Goldberg was the Barbie-doll interviewer -- the same one who was doing celebrity interviews at the Derby. No celebrities this weekend -- but what she was doing was just as annoying, perhaps more so. (The interview with the fortune-teller was classically bad.)

the Bid
05-23-2005, 11:47 PM
I didn't see the coverage (blissfully unaware :faint: ) once again. Was that the Mondale chick who was on a few years ago. Everyone at Saratoga was laughing about her last summer (2 years ago maybe) over some inane thing she said. She doesn't know which end eats and which end poops. :lol:

TOOZ
05-24-2005, 06:32 AM
She might be dopey, but she does have one great pair of legs. Did you see her interview the goofy guy in the jockey silks? They were Turcotte's colors that he wore the day he rode Secretariat. The guy was 6' 6'' and about 300
wearing jockey's silks. Silliest thing I ever saw. But sweetie pie stands up, asks him how tall he his, says she is 5' 9'', and flashes those beautiful gams.