PDA

View Full Version : Opinions re: e-ponies.com selections

mcikey01
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Has anyone here analyzed the long term performance and profitability of the picks offered at the site "e-ponies.com"? The site is free, doesn't seem to be a teaser to entice purchase of systems, books, software, etc. and certainly doesn't "scream" at you with highlights of fantastic results.... Maybe they have a lot to be modest about...Dunno....Just trolling for some feedback....
:ThmbUp: or :ThmbDown: ???

Ill-bred
05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Both the Chicago Tribune and the Sun-Times, in addition to a small suburban paper I once worked for, have run eponies picks at various times. They're decent for computer picks. But they really miss on some races and are incapable of factoring first-time starters, and distance & surface switches among many other handicapping nuances.

It picks chalk, chalk and more chalk, with the occassional 2nd-4th choice thrown in.

On a strict ROI from top picks, it has held its own and even beaten some of the Chicago selectors. I believe it usually loses at a rate a little higher than the takeout but I am not positive on that. The Daily Herald's Joe Kristufek (the best public selector in Chicago year in and out) publishes standings from time to time with ROIs.