PDA

View Full Version : a degree in 'capping

46zilzal
05-22-2005, 02:55 PM
wouldn't that be something? Rather than get mired in ego battles, one could just say "well my B.A. in handicappOLOGY from B.S. State qualifies me to make that statement." or then again, folks could just RATIONALLY discuss ideas: try a few, accept/discard the ones that they tried without all the NEGATIVE commentary.

I liken this community (in theory) to many of the discussions I contributed to at GRAND ROUNDS. We all see a case presentation, discuss the history of the symptoms, then interpret the results and treatment... That would be an interesting way to go.

wonatthewire1
05-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Mark Cramer, at one time, taught a course in handicapping at LA Community College > I think that guy has "lived" just about everywhere on the planet!

46zilzal
05-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Mark Cramer I think that guy has "lived" just about everywhere on the planet!

He answered an e-mai I sent him from South America and wrote a lot about racing in Spain

wonatthewire1
05-22-2005, 03:55 PM
He lives in Paris now

http://www.altiplanopublications.com/

banacek
05-22-2005, 04:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=429&item=5150228944&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

46zilzal
05-22-2005, 04:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=429&item=5150228944&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
That is a real HOOT..did not know such a thing existed.

so.cal.fan
05-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Okay, 46....how many people have you known over the years who had they put as much study into law books as they did handicapping....would be on the Supreme Court today?
:D

46zilzal
05-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Okay, 46....how many people have you known over the years who had they put as much study into law books as they did handicapping....would be on the Supreme Court today? :D

Not a good comparison ...being on the Supreme Court has a lot more to do with "Schmoozing" than ability. Kind of like getting a residency I found out: it's who your brother is , what religion you are, do they want a "token" or a myriad of other reasons which do not relate to input.

Also, there are just "naturals" that do not need a degree. One of my late friends worked for Intel and would be hard pressed to tell you which end of a horse ate and which end pooped, and WITH the computer, his skills were like few I have EVER MET. His degrees (B.S. and M.S.)were in computer science. We were the ONLY two at the harness track yelling for War Emblem as the computer picked him on top in the Derby.

Afraid to admit it, but I have put in MORE time than my degree work!

Valuist
05-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Fortunately the racetrack was one place where we DIDNT have to deal with MBAs. When I'm away from work, I don't want to be reminded about it in any way.

Tom
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
If I had put half as much effort into college and my job, I would have been promoted many more times and would have been able to retire by now, so that I could spent all my time handciappig horses......never mind!:bang:

Zaf
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
If I had put half as much effort into college and my job, I would have been promoted many more times and would have been able to retire by now, so that I could spent all my time handciappig horses......never mind!:bang:

:lol:

ZAFONIC