PDA

View Full Version : Select your pool

ridersup
05-10-2001, 08:55 AM
A good opportunity presents itself this time of year that should be exploited. With spring racing in full bloom some tracks will have trouble filling their fields and as a result will slide in one or two simulcast races from another track.

For example, today Healeah has 2 races from River Downs, yesterday they had 2 races from Suffolk and the day before two races from Sportsmans park.

These pools are not comingled and you can bet your favorite overlay at the track that gives you the best odds. At Sportsmans the other day a horse I liked paid $10 bucks while at Hialeah it paid only $7. Even with their high takeout on exotics. exata payoffs are sometime more favorable at Hialeah. On some races you might find yourself betting the win at one track and the exacta at the other.

When given a choice of 5/2 or 4/1 on a horse I like 4/1 shot gets my money every time.

Ridersup

JimG
05-10-2001, 12:09 PM
It may be a State thing, but in VA we can only play in the host track, or stated another way we can only make those bets at River Downs today, not at Hialeah.

Jim

smf
05-10-2001, 04:21 PM
Ridersup,

Don't know if you play LAD, but they have 2 simo races almost daily during their season. You're right, can get some good value, but the 'LAD' pool will be relatively small.