PDA

View Full Version : YouBet Vs Brisbet or other?

Houndog
05-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I am looking for an online betting service for when I cannot make it to my Local OTB. Does anyone have any experience with the 2 mentioned above or is there a better alternative? Mostly I am interested in reliability, service, etc.

Thanks for any comments.

cj
05-21-2005, 10:04 AM
BrisBet (America Tab actually) has been very good. You get video, free PPs if you bet the track you download, about 99% reliable, probably more, but not 100%, though I doubt anyone is.

betovernetcapper
05-21-2005, 10:38 AM
BrisBet also offers $100 free to new accounts, after betting $100.

Lou G
05-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I've used Ehorse (www.ehorse.com) for the last 9 years. Pretty standard rebate structure, no problems of any kind.

Zman179
05-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I prefer Brisbet for the reasons cj stated. Plus their customer service is excellent.

I was a longtime Youbet customer (since 1999) and I recently cancelled my account. Their customer service was not good and if you're a small to medium bettor, they treat you like a piece of meat. And if you want free pp's, this is what you'll have to wager:

Brisbet: At least $2 on the track that was downloaded.
Youbet: $60,000 a month

JimG
05-21-2005, 07:48 PM
I've used both and they are excellent. However, if you use Brisbet Products and bet $200 a month, the 20% discount on products is nice.

Jim

BillW
05-21-2005, 10:19 PM
BrisBet (America Tab actually) has been very good. You get video, free PPs if you bet the track you download, about 99% reliable, probably more, but not 100%, though I doubt anyone is.

Video includes a replay library searchable by date, track or Horse.

Tee
05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
I am looking for an online betting service for when I cannot make it to my Local OTB. Does anyone have any experience with the 2 mentioned above or is there a better alternative? Mostly I am interested in reliability, service, etc.

Thanks for any comments.

I have used http://phonebet.com/ for a few years with no complaints - give em a look see.

socantra
05-22-2005, 02:31 PM
If you happen to be fond of TSN pp's, I believe TSNBET has exactly the same deal as BRISBET. Same interface with America Tab.

socantra

WJ47
05-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I use Brisbet, because of the free past performances and free video replays. I think they are excellent. The only thing I could find to complain about is that they don't show the horses names next to their numbers on the wager form as You Bet and TVG do.

Brian Flewwelling
05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I've used Ehorse (www.ehorse.com) for the last 9 years. Pretty standard rebate structure, no problems of any kind.

i just found out that eHorse has no video at all.

They lost it! (and before Andi gets here) I told them to try Google... can find almost anything there!

Fleww

fishorsechess
05-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Never heard that.

ceejay
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Although I like Youbet's video and wagering interface I am likely to close my account there. Reason: Today I received a W2G. In the envelope with my form was one for someone else! That would give me all the info that I would need to steal his identity. If their security is so lax that I receive someone elses identity info, then it was only luck that mine wasn't sent to someone else!

socantra
05-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Never heard that.

Yes, the deal is free pdf past performances for any track on the day you bet it. That's true at BRISbet and TSNbet both. They also offer 20% off on data files if you bet at least $200.00 a month.

socantra...

Buddha
05-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Also, remember, youbet charges a fee to access the video, though it may be free if you bet X amount of dollars. The AmericaTab affiliates, ie brisbet, tsnbet, winticket, watchandwager, etc though say they charge a $.25 per bet fee, they dont actually charge it.

Hosshead
05-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Although I like Youbet's video and wagering interface I am likely to close my account there. Reason: Today I received a W2G. In the envelope with my form was one for someone else! That would give me all the info that I would need to steal his identity. If their security is so lax that I receive someone elses identity info, then it was only luck that mine wasn't sent to someone else!Ceejay, That's scary. Have you talked to Youbet yet ?

ceejay
05-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes, it is scary. Youbet apoligized, but that didn't really set my mind at ease.

fishorsechess
05-26-2005, 11:46 PM
I just called them today and I would love to switch to
Ameritab from TVG and Magna. But Ameritab doesnt
have a license for CA, so I cant sign up with them.

DirtTrack
05-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Had a trial with YouBet a few years ago - cannot try them again since E-Mail has changed and I lost password - oh well - their loss. Can get their vid feeds on ESPN now anyway...

Phonebet.com has a great interface (can log numerous bets at once before submitting) but is often slow and lagging - Major betting days it usually comes to a hault. Only video feed is Phili-Park

Winticket.com (AmericaTab) is not too bad and the $100 starter match makes it worth trying for sure

XpressBet.com (Magna) would have to be my favorite at this point - good video feeds and program type layout for quick viewing. Payouts and account information quick. Lastly can draft from checking account with no deposit fees:cool: