PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Triple Crown Races Best Ever?

KingChas
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Derby a dud? Bad crop of 3 year olds? Of my 30 years of handicapping this years TC races are the best I've experienced.Never have I seen so many Pro/Am cappers like a different horse since "Let It Ride" :D Out of 14 Preakness starters I have seen 11 different picks(3 not picked-Hal,Going-Malibu)theres your triple-Just joking.This is what handicapping is all about differing opinions.I'm betting Wilko :D on the head 10-1 +. over/under exactas.Guess I have as good a shot as any.Have wilko on a 3+ pace(L-3 races)-good sign my figs.I don't know what condition the track will be in(good-fast)(muddy- Alex)?.I will not leave Giacomo out.It is great to see every handicapper like a different horse for once.Nothing would shock me Saturday.Well almost nothing-lol.Good Luck All Lottsa $$$$$

kenwoodallpromos
05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
This is the most fun triple crown series I have ever seen already and will be no matter who wins!
I picking exactly the picks Andy is for this one- CA and all 10 longshots!

KingChas
05-22-2005, 01:21 PM
And I thought nothing would shock me Saturday! :D What a performance by AA.Now getting back to TC races.Afleet Alex (imho) is best 3 yo in country. Will be favorite in Belmont.The Question is how do you bet against a Horse like this ?Betting with your heart alone you cannot bet against him.Then the question 1&1/2 miles.I am not ready for that yet. :D This has been a very exciting year even without a potential TC winner.

46zilzal
05-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Of my 30 years of handicapping this years TC races are the best I've experienced.
Well get the tapes of 1973 so as to get the standard by which ALL current day Triple Crown races are compared. Derby: each fraction faster than the previous one, Preakness: makes the WINNING MOVE ON THE CLUBHOUSE TURN (I have NEVER seen a route race WON that early), and the "sprint" of the Belmont Stakes. There have been many a good Triple Crown but those are like NONE other.

Tom
05-22-2005, 07:19 PM
I am back to thinking tha this a a bad crop again. The Derby and Preakness exposed most for what they are - one race wonders. AA the exception.

But if rumors are true, and this was the las preakness, then it will be lot easier for a triple, er, ah, double crown winner rom now on.:D

KingChas
05-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Well get the tapes of 1973 so as to get the standard by which ALL current day Triple Crown races are compared. Derby: each fraction faster than the previous one, Preakness: makes the WINNING MOVE ON THE CLUBHOUSE TURN (I have NEVER seen a route race WON that early), and the "sprint" of the Belmont Stakes. There have been many a good Triple Crown but those are like NONE other.

I was looking at 2005 more in terms of handicapping.Nothing matches "73" Belmont or the great Secretariat's TC.I was 15.

JustRalph
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
This years Derby and Triple Crown felt no different than a 4k claimer at Mountaineer..............I can't pick either one.............

Bobby
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
The most exciting for me wuz SMARTY. Too bad he couldn't do it. I wuzn't born in 73.

Tom
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM
This years Derby and Triple Crown felt no different than a 4k claimer at Mountaineer..............I can't pick either one.............

Maybe that's where Lukas is going to find a sprint for his iron horse!:D

KingChas
05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
This year is not the most exciting crop of 3 year olds ever.Or best TC series either.(understatement).But from a bettors point of view very exciting.
Belmont; Afleet Alex-odds? 2/1 or maybe 9/5 ????
Naysayers said he had trouble with 1 & 1/4 Derby distance.
Now 1 mile &1/2.
How will or could the nation bet against him? :confused:

Does Sarava have any offspring running in this race? ;)

Elysium Stables
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Alex will have no problem with the mile and 1/2, he could have run 2 miles and beat all those horses on sat, the tiring you saw during the derby was due to him getting winded from bumping and not so much having his momentum stopped but he did have to step on the peddle a few times to get thru those small holes.

depalma13
05-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Afleet Alex (imho) is best 3 yo in country. Will be favorite in Belmont.The Question is how do you bet against a Horse like this ?Betting with your heart alone you cannot bet against him.Then the question 1&1/2 miles.I am not ready for that yet. :D This has been a very exciting year even without a potential TC winner.

In my opinion, the undefeated Lost in the Fog is the best 3 year-old out there. Setting not one, but two track records and basically running anything into the ground that he has faced in his lifetime.

46zilzal
05-24-2005, 04:26 PM
In my opinion, the undefeated Lost in the Fog is the best 3 year-old out there.
Best SPRINTER by a country mile, but that is a LIMITED criterion

OTM Al
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Alex ain't a bad sprinter either. The two of them at 7f would be a pretty good race

KingChas
05-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Alex ain't a bad sprinter either. The two of them at 7f would be a pretty good race

How bout we throw in older horse Ghostzapper & Silent Witness(age?) too.First time on dirt.I'd pay to see that one!

PaceAdvantage
05-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Now there's a novel concept. Horse Racing on Pay-Per-View.....you read it here first folks!

KingChas
05-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Now there's a novel concept. Horse Racing on Pay-Per-View.....you read it here first folks!

Exactly if the tracks wouldn't up admission.They would fill the stands that day.Cheaper to see in person.I will render a % of my royalties to Pace Advantage. :liar: :D