PDA

View Full Version : More than I need to know......

Tom
05-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Bill Clinton.....boxers.
Sadamm Hussein....briefs.
Bob Dole....."depends."

Ironic, but SH has better undies than most everyone else in Iraq. :rolleyes:

Can't say we are mistreating HIM!

kenwoodallpromos
05-21-2005, 12:14 AM
he's not starving.

Tom
05-21-2005, 01:12 AM
His "Udday" is showing! :D

Wonder if the checked those skivies foe WMD??:eek:

Suff
05-21-2005, 01:18 AM
he's not starving.

Britain's The Sun and the New York Post said the photos were provided by a U.S. military official they did not identify. The photos not only angered the U.S. military, which issued a condemnation rare for its immediacy, but also were expected to further fuel anti-American sentiment in a country edging toward open sectarian conflict.

what can you say? Good lesson for all.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Why is the U.S. so worried about anti-American sentiment? Where is the anti-TERRORIST sentiment when these guys go around indiscriminently blowing up people in Israel and Iraq and wherever else they can strap on a bomb?

Where is the outrage when people are violently killed for no reason and then hung from a bridge to rot?

Where is the outrage in the Arab community when people are decapitated and then the video is splashed all over Al-Jazeera as something to be celebrated?

But Saddam in his underpants....that's an outrage??? Give me a break. And we're going to end up apologizing like a bunch of bitches for another non-issue.

The whole world is ass backwards. Things that should be causing outrage and concern are being accepted with no questions asked, and things that should be dismissed almost immedately are being turned into Federal cases.

Tom
05-21-2005, 01:57 AM
If this causes an uproar and more attacks, then it just proves my point that we should have nuked the bastards in the first place. Natural seleciton.

Meanwhile, doesn't the military have anything better to investigate that crap like this and harmless hazing, like Abu Grad....like where is Bin Laden and Zarchaway? Any investigation of these photos is a 100% waster of time.
Frankly, giving this SOB clean underwear is disgusting in itself - he should be naked and how signs of frequent beatings. And he should be weaing a dog collar. :)

ljb
05-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Bill Clinton.....boxers.
Sadamm Hussein....briefs.
Bob Dole....."depends."

Ironic, but SH has better undies than most everyone else in Iraq. :rolleyes:

Can't say we are mistreating HIM!
And just how do you know what undies everyone in Iraq has? :D

ljb
05-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Why is the U.S. so worried about anti-American sentiment? Where is the anti-TERRORIST sentiment when these guys go around indiscriminently blowing up people in Israel and Iraq and wherever else they can strap on a bomb?

Where is the outrage when people are violently killed for no reason and then hung from a bridge to rot?

Where is the outrage in the Arab community when people are decapitated and then the video is splashed all over Al-Jazeera as something to be celebrated?

But Saddam in his underpants....that's an outrage??? Give me a break. And we're going to end up apologizing like a bunch of bitches for another non-issue.

The whole world is ass backwards. Things that should be causing outrage and concern are being accepted with no questions asked, and things that should be dismissed almost immedately are being turned into Federal cases.

Believe it or not PA we do live in a world that does not think the sun rises and sits in the USA.

SandyE
05-21-2005, 01:14 PM
:cool: LJB I do beleive PA knows that. And how you doing?
So who do you like in the 12th race at Pimlico? :)

Suff
05-21-2005, 01:59 PM
But Saddam in his underpants....that's an outrage??? Give me a break. .

We see images of detainees on TV frequently. Who has'nt seen the nice clean , orderly Guantonamo Prison? We treat thier guys way better than they treat ours. We leave thier heads on. Agreed.

The question again is about Free Press. Do you figure if your within 500 yards of where Saddam is....Your someone of huge consequence?. How a news orginization came in contact with a Saddam Photo is an interesting question. Hey, at least he is getting a shower! I agree.

The question is rules of engagement. Using prisoners in media violates rules of engagement we set for ourselves. If your telling me the enemy does it and we must do it to defeat them, I might be willing to sign on.

Your telling me that we must:

Show photo's of Uday & Quday with thier Face's blown off to "Prove" to Iraq's they killed them?

Saddam in a hole? And now a "near naked" body. I thought I picked up somewhere that being seen in the undress is Islams Kiss of death?. Psychological warfare.

Just tell us what's going on in our name? We've changed the way our country defends itself. Gimmie the new rules...Clearly. I want to know and it's my right to know.

JustRalph
05-21-2005, 02:26 PM

The Best Damn post I have read in a while. Mike.........you said it all..........

ljb
05-21-2005, 02:59 PM
:cool: LJB I do beleive PA knows that. And how you doing?
So who do you like in the 12th race at Pimlico? :)
PA's spokesperson,
I am doing fine. I like Greeleys Galaxy and High Limit in the Preakness this afternoon. Not sure how I will play them until I see the tote. Probably an exacta and part wheel tri.

Tom
05-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Suff,
You are too used to cBS type news.....when you see REAL news, (YES! Showing the two murdering bastards dead bodies was nothing less that what we did at the end of WWII) you cannot process it.
The only rule anybody need remember is this.....don't muck wit us!

BTW, I missed your post of outrage when they hung those dead American bodies on that brdige early on. I can only assume you were as offended by Alljibberish as you are by this INNOCENT photo of a pair of short with a huge turd in them.
:eek:

schweitz
05-21-2005, 07:34 PM

I've managed to stay silent for the last few months and just smile to myself about some of the posts in off-topic---but I have to say that this post just plain cuts to it---excellent post PA. :ThmbUp:

Secretariat
05-21-2005, 11:15 PM

You received kudos from the righty regulars on this post, and I think you ask some legitamate questions.

1. Why is the U.S. so worried about anti-American sentiment?

Well, since it is generally anti-Americans that strike us, and we are supposedly attempting to spread our form of government and the superiority of our way of life to the rest of the world, it would seem an odd way of winning the war on terror, and bringing demcoracy to others by celebrating their hatred of us or fomenting their anger unnessarily.

2. Where is the anti-TERRORIST sentiment when these guys go around indiscriminently blowing up people in Israel and Iraq and wherever else they can strap on a bomb?

This is the typical post when America does something inappropriate. There is some idea with this logic that if you voice something exposing something that the US has doen egregiously, then somehow (a) you are somehow supportive of terrorists, (b) in agreement with people being blown up in Israel or Iraq or anywhere. Its disingenious to beleive that we cannot BOTH be outraged by terrorists blowing up innocent people AND Abu Ghraib, AND the horrors of Bin Laden's actions AND any violation of the Geneva Convention. One can be horrified by many things.

3. Where is the outrage when people are violently killed for no reason and then hung from a bridge to rot?

People are outraged. Of course they are. I'm appalled. You simply are not appalled by this Huseeing thing, but please don't make a judgement that we can't be appalled by a variety of things. I would think one thing that helped Bush in the election more than anying in the election is the "outrage" over those kind of beheadings and terrorist actions. People beleived that there must be a vengeance for those actions and so they supported the President in his fihgt against the insurgents. People are outraged. You underestimate them with that question.

4. Where is the outrage in the Arab community when people are decapitated and then the video is splashed all over Al-Jazeera as something to be celebrated?

This question is VERY interesting. The reason there is not a lot of outrage in the Arab community goes back to your first question "Why is the U.S. so worried about anti-American sentiment?" Well, the reason the Arab communiuty doesn't really care that much is they see us as the enemy just as much as they saw Hussein as a pig. This is one reaon we must be concerned about anti-american sentiment. Becasue forcing a democracy via guns will not sustain anything, and will not change the will of the people. The Iraqi people are glad to rid of Hussein, we paid billions to do that, but they also want us out of the country and don't trust us. Even in Afghanistan today Karzai asked for more "Afghan control" of US troops. We've come a long way from bringing the ones responsbile for 911 and Bin Laden to justice.

5 .But Saddam in his underpants....that's an outrage??? Give me a break. And we're going to end up apologizing like a bunch of bitches for another non-issue. The whole world is ass backwards. Things that should be causing outrage and concern are being accepted with no questions asked, and things that should be dismissed almost immedately are being turned into Federal cases.

Well, here's the thing PA. Saddam is a pig. So was Rudolf Hess. So is Milsovic. Yet we didn't publish photos of these men in their underwear. In fact Hussein is a POW whether we like it or not. He is not categorized as an "enemy combatant". Those pictures are a violation of the Geneva Convention regarding the treatment of prisoners. We set the standards for the world, and this is inexcusable. That being said. I am not convinced those pictures are from the military, or The Red Cross which are the only two groups allowed access to Hussein. Personally, I think the pitcures may be from Hussein's own lawyers as a way of gaining sympathy for their client. But what troubles me is you seem to find nothing wrong with the newspapers actions. Perhaps I'm wrong.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2005, 11:56 PM
You received kudos from the righty regulars on this post, and I think you ask some legitamate questions.

I would hardly call 'schweitz' a 'righty regular'

And no, I don't think those pictures should have been published. But they WERE published, for whatever reason....this is the information age, and it is getting more and more difficult to keep things from getting out. This happens in every area of life these days....

I would just like to see a little BALANCE from THE WORLD when it comes to issues such as:

Airing the video tape if a young American man having his head sliced off at the hands of terrorist scum, VS. Saddam Hussein walking around in his underpants.

Did any representatives from the Arab world apologize for either the MULTIPLE murders (going back to WSJ reporter Daniel Pearl), or the airing of the videotapes?

But we have to apologize for showing a picture of a guy in his tighty whiteys. Go figure.

The feelings I have expressed in this thread are nothing new. In fact, quite recently, someone posted a link to an opinion piece that covers this very topic, which I found quite interesting:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190838&postcount=20

Tom
05-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Time out.

Who ever said the Us was responsible for printing the photos?
Why should we apologize for something that might not even have been donw by us?
Why should we apologize for someting paparzzi do every day to celebrities?
Why should the arab wolrd get upset over photos of a man who has murdered more muslims than anyone in the wolrd, a man who was the enemy of his arab neighbors?
Why is this a left-right issue?
Why is he wearing his turban on his butt? (OK, you knew I couldn't stay serisous for 6 in a row:rolleyes: )

Suff
05-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I would just like to see a little BALANCE from THE WORLD when it comes to issues such as:

Oh would yea now? The world will get right on that. Myself? I'd like to see The world come together in a nice big hug! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The world? Balance from the world? I suppose you want your porridge to be just the right tempature as well?.

Storm Cadet
05-22-2005, 09:55 AM
We had to look at the photos of thousands of little kids and women that he gassed to death back in the 80's and 90's, I guess I can be OK showing him in his BVD's ( or should it be JOCKEY'S since this is a horse racing site?) ;)

Suff
05-22-2005, 10:14 AM
The NW story, follows a trail of crumbs to torture and the killing of detainees.

I understand what your saying,

Sure we want to retain the dignified rule of law we set for ourselves. It's wriiten in our own Military Code of Conduct, and we're party to the Geneva convention. Additionally we have agreements with NATO that specifically state that we can not use Captives as propaganda in the Press.

So what that we showed a guy taking a shower? OK. So what that we showed his son's with thier faces blown off. OK. I'm with you so far. I'm a big boy, it's war. Rules get bent or broken during War. Ok. I gotcha, I'm still with you, and Ralph, and elkabong, and schweitz and Lefty. I am in your camp 100% so far. I can live with all this, and even a little more. I have a stomach.

However. The NewsWeek story was based on a Report released this week. The Koran flushing story was to come from this report. It's not there. But what is there, is widespread torture including death. One guy later deemed nothing but an innocent Cabdriver who drove into a restricted Zone.

However I'm still with you. Who says he was an "innocent cabdriver".. Them? The terrorist? They'll say anything. For all we know he was carting bombs around. So I'm still with you. The fact he was called an innocent cabdriver by the enemy means little to me.

However what I'm telling you guys, even though I'm with you. I'm concerned.

hcap
05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
A real headline from

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005230454,00.html

Bush probes Saddam's pants
By TOM NEWTON DUNN

GEORGE Bush yesterday launched a probe into how pictures of Saddam Hussein in his underpants were leaked.

His spokesman said: “He has been briefed. He wants to get to the bottom of it.”

The Brits. Go figure. :eek:

ljb
05-22-2005, 06:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Those Brits really do have a sense of humor.