PDA

View Full Version : WILL WINSLOW GET PAID??

delayjf
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Now that Winslow is out for the next season due to his motocycle accident, will the Browns still pay him?? I was under the impression that most contracts had clauses that didn't allow players to participate in dangerous activities

Buddha
05-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Serves him right for messing around like that. I dont know the whole story of how it happened, but amazing to think that the Browns took him as a first rounder, and he has had a broken leg that kept him out last year, and now a motorcycle accident that took him out this year, and who knows for sure how long he will be out.

MikeDee
05-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Butch Davis did a lot of amazing things as coach of the Browns.

His contract does prohibit such things and they have him on tape popping wheelies and doing endos (standing the bike on its' front wheel), prior to the crash.

The Plain Dealer reported today that the team may elect to recover between $5.7 and $10 mil due to breach of contract.

I'll be surprised if the kid ever plays football for the Browns or anybody. The injury may take away a lot of his ability.

Sad situation

JustRalph
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
don't forget ''He is a soldier" :lol: :lol:

some people get everything they deserve

http://www.sociallyabrasive.com/kellen_winslow.htm

Speed Figure
05-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm sure his dad is real proud of him. :D

Valuist
06-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Speaking of his dad, Kellen Sr made an ass out of himself the other day. He went on a tirade blaming the media for the whole incident. I personally think an apology to the fans of the Browns and the team would be in order for the accident, but Winslow Sr. took the opportunity to mount an attack on the media.

MikeDee
06-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Typical high paid athlete approach. It's always the media fault, not your kids', and certainly not yours for bringing the kid up this way the the first place

cj
06-07-2005, 06:40 AM
My two cents, after seeing the comments made by Kellen Winslow Sr., I would say tirade is way to strong of a word. He made a few comments, some probably true, about a 21 year old making mistakes. Of course what his son did was stupid, he doesn't deny that. But, if I had to answer for stupid thing I did when I was 21, I'd have no time to talk about anything else.

The kid made a mistake, he will pay for it dearly, and hopefully learn his lesson.

Valuist
06-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Considering the Jay Williams incident happened only two years ago, this has to be one of the stupidest acts ever done by an athlete. He didn't just buy a motorcycle, he was performing wheelies in the parking lot....basically in the dark (its on videotape).

CJ-I don't know if you read or saw the press conference. In print, it doesn't look like much but on TV, Winslow Sr made the comments with a look and sound of intimidation; he looked and sounded very close to a physical confrontation with the reporters.

cj
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Definitely no argument from me on the stupidity part, and he shouldn't get a cent from the Browns.

As for his Dad, I did see it, at least part of it, on PTI. Maybe I didn't get the whole thing, not sure. The part I saw he didn't come across too bad to me. Even so, as a Dad, I wouldn't hold it against him much. He is defending his kid, it is only natural. He has always been a class act, as a player and a commentator, so I'll give him a pass on this one.