PDA

View Full Version : BAD CALL BY NYRA AGAIN

WINMANWIN
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Anyone see the takedown of Belmont's finale today :bang: Santos had the
Velasquez Mott horse measured no question, In the last Jump Santos hits
the 2nd steed, with his whip, I know its an AUTO DQ, but if its the last jump and the other horse really cant Win, why dont the stewards use better judgement, How many times, would they let it stand in other racing jurisidictions ?? Guess when trainers are on the premises as Mott was, Stewards dont have to think much......P.S. Santos should go LEFT HANDED Some, He was STEADFAST WITH his Right hand,, :confused: ...... :mad:

GeTydOn
05-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Bad call by NYRA??? Aren't there 3 judges in that stand?? Only 1 represents NYRA. Or do I misunderstand that??

The rules should be concrete regarding horses getting hit (especially in the face) by another rider's whip. You could just see the incident bound to happen the way Santos was riding through the stretch. It was bad judgement on the part of Santos.

In general, I think many riders try to intimidate rivals from passing by swinging their whip wildly (among other things). Somtimes those intimidation tactics get them in trouble when they miscalculate.

WJ47
05-20-2005, 03:36 AM
I think that they had to take the horse down because of the whipping. I had bet the horse that was declared the winner after the disqualification, but only for a small bet. I couldn't help but feel sorry for anyone that played the pick 4 or pick 6 and had the disqualified horse. Can you imagine that agony? The payoff for 6 winners was almost $160,000 and for 5 winners was only $600. I'll bet there were some bettors that were really mad at Santos! In fact, the TVG announcer (I think Simon) had the pick 4 with the disqualified horse as a single. They were all excited, then one of them says, "There's an inquiry", and the other thought he was kidding at first! It was going to pay pretty good, I think $1100.

WINMANWIN
05-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I had Santos steed singled also in pick 4's and started it with an $18.00 buck winner in 1st leg, lukas 1st time turf beat me in 7th. The dq cost me the super tri and E :mad: x's...........

KingChas
05-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Win, check this out.Should help JS pay fine.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2064266