PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Figs

OverlayHunter
05-19-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm trying to get some sense of the similarities and differences (if any) between the various figs in the marketplace that are created on the basis of the higher the number the better. Not the quality, precision and profit potential, but how to interpret them.

Among Beyer, Cramer, BRIS, cj's pacefigures, and HTR does anyone know if, for example, a 90 is assigned to a horse's performance is that particular number supposed to signify the same performance among all of them? Or are some of them using different scales and numbers to represent performance and they are not directly comparable one to the other so that maybe a 90 Beyer might equate to 96 BRIS and a 100 cj.

Also, does anyone know how many points equate to a beaten length in a sprint and route for each?

cj
05-19-2005, 08:10 AM
I can only speak for a few. My numbers and the Beyer numbers are on the same scale.

The BRIS numbers and TSN numbers use the same scale, but they are a little different as TSN are generally lower. I can't speak about the others too much.

There is an adjustment that is pretty reliable to convert BRIS/TSN to Beyer and visa versa as well.

hurrikane
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I am fairly certain they are all on unrelated scales.

Intentionally I would imagine.

Likely less differnence in calc for beaten lenght than in variant. That is where the big differnece would sit.

CJ is similar to Beyer. I believe it is and aaaddjjussted Beyer.
Right fffffaasssttt? :D

kenwoodallpromos
05-19-2005, 12:45 PM
You can find most explainations of the various methods using Google. Check Turfpedia also.

46zilzal
05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Learn one set: know everything about them...FORGET the rest. Easy

andicap
05-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Since BRIS/TSN has one-fifth = 1 point and Beyer's BL adjustments are more sophisticated and variable, they have to be on different scales.

I do know there is a way to roughly make them equivelant but don't know how.

HTR's separations are the same as Beyers (2.2 points per lengths at 6 f for example, 2.0 at 7f, etc.) but I'm not sure if the scale is the same. E.G. 80 is Beyer's par for older 10K nags. (or used to be)

Tom
05-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Someone (CJ?) posted a formula for converting Betyer to BRIS here a while ago. Looking for it, but no luck so far tonight.....