View Full Version : Preakness Morning Line

BeatTheChalk
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
So..the winner of the Derby is not the Morning Line Pick ? It gets strangerer
and streangerer :) I will be the first and not the last .. to say .. I have no
idea who is gonna win this hand. So there. I said it and I am glad LOL :bang:

kenwoodallpromos
05-19-2005, 07:56 PM
It is still an anybody race, but I will pick Closing Argument for fun. He will win if he runs his best.

46zilzal
05-19-2005, 08:14 PM
It is still an anybody race, but I will pick Closing Argument for fun. He will win if he runs his best.

This one has the bounce written all over it.

Suff
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I went traveling to see Galloping Grocer. I was at Saratoga when he won his Maiden, and went to NYC to see him run twice. I took a liking to him. Big disappointment when he taled off. Call me stupid for thinking back over the winter that GG, Naughty NY'r , or Sort it out who sold a share for $$$'s. Even Qualified Opinion was talked up. I was hoping for better from NYbred's, or at least NY barned.

I give GG no shot here. I did get a funny feeling when I saw Joe Bravo listed.

Swami says Afleet Alex, Giacamo and Wilko. In order.

Suff
05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Bravo's cling clang'n on my head. From my old Meadowlands days. I played NJ nights for years. Agent's booking mounts is like a soap opera in that when you miss two shows your way behind.

I have no clue how things are done day to day. The question I have is why can't Migilore get on GG? Migilore is on Saintiness in the 200K Shuvee @ Belmont.. A 5YO Mare with weak black type.

but why isn't the MiG on GG. JohhnyV,Prado, Luzzi and Gyrder all got shots on the horse.

GeTydOn
05-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I thought the ML for the Preakness is pretty good. No way Giacomo will be favored after his shocker Derby at 50-1. Charismatic wasn't favored in the Preakness after his Derby upset, which had followed a track record setting Lexington win.

As for Migliore: doesn't seem like he gets many chances with legit contenders.

kenwoodallpromos
05-20-2005, 12:23 AM
GG looks to be improving now, but I think not fast enough.
CA is in 7 post, closed well, is supposed to be training well, and the track maybe a little slow. At 8-1 or so I think CA is a value bet.

KingChas
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I think Wilko was prepping in the Derby for this race. :D

At a price!

kenwoodallpromos
05-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Maybe they are all prepping for the Breeder's Cup! ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2005, 03:25 AM
I have an odd feeling Giacomo will be much lower than 6-1.....but it's just a feeling.

As for my prognostication, I see it High Fly / Noble Causway....or Noble Causway / High Fly.....

Still analyzing the situation....LOL