PDA

View Full Version : BRIS trainer stats

karlskorner
05-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't keep trainer stats/databases etc., but I do rely somewhat on BRIS trainer stats. Yesterday in the 1st race at CRC, #3 horse, a FTS, trained by James C Kirk, who has yet to enter a horse this year, showed an ROI for First Time Starters of +6.60, for the past 7 years with BRIS I have never seen an ROI this high, some trainers run 1 to 2 + for FTS, most are negative. I was first in line, paid $19.40.

Turfday
05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Do you happen to know or remember how many first-time starters James C. Kirk has started in the time period you queried from Bris?

Just wondering, because in my database, he has six total starts as a trainer in the last 10 + years and only one of those was a first-time starter (a winner) at about 7/2 odds at Gulfstream.

kenwoodallpromos
05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Turfday:
That makes 2 form 2 in 10+ years now!. Whether luck or not, the bottom line is it worked until proven it does not. I won't argue with those stats.
Kirk must have been training for awhile, I guess I would call him a spot trainer!
The #3 horse went where only 1 horse has gone before. I'd do a mind meld with that James Kirk anytime to find out how he picks spots for his FTS! :jump:

Turfday
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Holy Tamoly......... Beam Me Up Scotty! Capt. Kirk unleashed one of his rare first-time starter winners, got the money and be gone. I love it. The guy probably spent all his winnings from the first one years ago and needed to replenish his bank account.

That trainer probably CHANGED his name to James Kirk.

karlskorner
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
All I use is BRIS DRF data files (single), the others that BRIS offers have way to much information, that can become confusing at times. I never heard of him, but was intrigued that this was his first start for the year, have no idea where he came from. Actually the name Kirk caught my eye, as I was looking for Kirk Zadie ( son of Ralph Zadie ) who did exceptionally well last year with FTS.

mhrussell
05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
..leave it to a true Star Trek geek like me to catch this...

Gotta love him.. always kissed the cute alien girls precisely at 35 minutes past the hour in darn near every episode!

..and tomorrow the Force will be with us!!

Matt..

andicap
05-18-2005, 04:03 PM
"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a horse trainer!!"

:cool:

headhawg
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a horse trainer!!"

:cool:
:lol:

kenwoodallpromos
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
That is why I intentionally left out the "C", and why trainer James Kirk includes it! :ThmbUp: