PDA

View Full Version : TMH (The Master Handicapper)- how to make it work

yarnot
05-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I have been using TMH and winning. I have been trying to win at the races unsucessfully for over 30 years until now. If you can make good "par" times this program will make you wealthy. But you must be able to make good par times. Go to: http://www.handicappers.com/ (http://www.handicappers.com/)

I have no affiliation with this site whatsoever - my only motive is to make sure people download files to keep it viable (I want to keep winning) - if you can make good par times - you will achieve your dream too;(it ain't easy) to make good par times.

theotherside
05-17-2005, 10:48 AM
i bought the master handicapper way back in the day.i used it for 6 months and the it went in the drawer.so could you please be more specific as to how to get rich with this program.ill take it out now and get it going while i await your reply.thanx

yarnot
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
The trouble is I get the pars from a personal friend... he won't give them out even to me... but damn they work great... I just wanted people to know this is the only thing I have EVER found that really works at the track (and I have tired everything, even wrote software myself). Pars are the magical key, when I plug in anyone else's TMH becomes almost useless. I wish I could help more. If my friend stops supplying me with his pars I will spend my own time trying to make my own because I now know at least the way toward winning.
I am hitting 50% of my exacts betting the fair bets - my most recent $1:cool:exacta at LS paid $868.80 (05-15-05 5th), the two before that paid $67.20 at Monmouth 05-14-05 3rd) and $63.50 at Belmont (05-05-05 4th race).

Lefty
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Yarnot, If you bght the TMH prgm from Pizzolla why don't you demand he keep up the par times? Is the site you gave still being updated? Do you dl your TMH files from there? I thght he was using ITS to dl the TMH files now? I don't even see the TMH prgm still being for sale.

theotherside
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
actually i was being a little sarcastic in my post.i mean the pars are easy enough to update,i just dont see the program as having to much promise,i dont care what pars you use.i bought it because i was interested in the accupressure screen,but i found it to be wrong much more than wright.so if thats wrong then all its giving you is a tpr number and an odds line thats o.k at best.all that for $1.50 a file.so it sits in the drawer along with the dongle key it came with.the only way it comes out, is when someone starts posting selections with it before a race,and it seems to be working.

Lefty
05-17-2005, 05:42 PM
theotherside, do you wanna trade it for something? Let me know.

Kreed
05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I don't know how to start my reply, but I KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT. many times
i've posted that IF I had Very Good Variants, I would RULE this Game. But I'M NOT CAPABLE of doing that. I don't know how to do variants to my satisfaction.
Variants will make your prediction equations seem almost like functions.

Tom
05-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Talk to Dave Shwartz - his pars are very good.

cato
05-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Yarnot--There are a lot of ways to use the TMH program. Assuming you have good pars, what seems to have worked for you?

win betting
exacta betting
other exotics
do you use the exacta pattern screen, that shows #1 Early (more like balanced), #1 late, big mdn win, sleeper (and maybe something else) ?
do you use the race pressure information (lone e, speed of speed, neutral, presser, highly pressured) ?
do you do accupresure adjustments?
do you accept the default pace line selection or do you adjust them on a race by race basis
do you use the uncertainly screen?
do you bet off of the odds line
etc?

Thanks, Cato

shanta
05-18-2005, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=yarnot][color=black][font='Times New Roman']The trouble is I get the pars from a personal friend... he won't give them out even to me...

I am a little confused here. If u are using them then he gave them to you.

Also are u referring to the "pars" or the "pinpoint" adjustment feature Yarnot?

Richie

Maxspa
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Yarnot,
IMHO there are three additions to the TMH program that would make this program the best one out there. A great set of pars ( That you mentioned), HDW Data, and good Trainer Stats to eliminate some of the Unknown factors. In my opinion , this program was Michael Pizzola's best.
It's a shame that Eric Langhjar passed on because I believe a mergiing of TMH and Handicapping Magic was on the drawing board.
When in an earlier post on a different thread, Doug from Chicago, mentioned he had written a program to convert Magic software to accept BRIS files, I contacted him right away asking him if he was willing to sell me a copy(no reply) Again IMHO that change would significantly help both programs.
Maxspa

hurrikane
05-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Ok
to summarize,

you can win with good par times
you can't get good par times
your friend has good par times
he won't give them to you
you use your friends par times
the software is the greatest invention since sliced bread if you have good par times
you can't get good par times.
you don't have them
your friend does
you have no affiliation.

well,
you must be horse player...that's all I can say. :D

Kreed
05-18-2005, 06:40 PM
LOL i never saw it that way.

JimG
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Two sources I am aware of sell thier pars each year...Cynthia Publishing and Dave Schwartz. So why can't you get your own set of pars?:eek:

Oh yeah...I just gotta know how your using your friend's pars but he won't give them to you?? :bang:

Jim

Lefty
05-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Yarnot, How do you get someone else's pars into the TMH Program? And, these guys make a good point: Did you ever try Cynthia or Shwartz pars?

keenang
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED. IS'NT THE MASTER HANDICAPPER A PROGRAM MIKE PUT OUT BEFORE HANDICAPPING MAGIC AND THE MASTER MAGICAN. IF SO, WHY WOULD THE OLDER PROGRAM BE BETTER THAN ONE OF THE NEWER ONES.

GENE

Kreed
05-18-2005, 07:34 PM
LOL .. the ONLY thing I can conjure is that somtimes the new & improved
in capping is too clever & lets face it, the racing data we get don't allow too
much cleverness, or does it? lol i cant decide. keep it easy + not weird '''
GIVE ME VARIANTS ...

Lefty
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
keen, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I once had a friend who had TMH and I got to see it in action for a month or so. I have MM and I blve that TMH is superior.

shanta
05-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Yarnot, How do you get someone else's pars into the TMH Program? And, these guys make a good point: Did you ever try Cynthia or Shwartz pars?

It's very easy to do Lefty. My buddy uses it and has inputted pars a few times. It DOES take time but is easily doable.
Richie

grahors
05-19-2005, 07:31 AM
Yo,
I have Handicapping Magic..this must be obsolete???
Can I upgrade HM or just pay the price for the others or just save my money for a huge show bet?????
Grahors

turfbar
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
how many ticks can pars improve, i find it a bullshit money scam
a set of pars from 10 years ago is as good as someone's version today
check the the internals(fractions ) from old charts from Buckpasser and
Chris Evert not much change 2day,,, instead of 1.10 it's 109.4 wow what difference its made in my game

Lefty
05-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Gra, TMH seems to be the prgm Pizzolla's abandoned, especially since Eric died. Handicapping magic is the Forerunner Of Master Magician. If you like HM then MM is the same but does more things automatically like open form cycle windows and now also has the addition of Valutech etc.

Tom
05-19-2005, 06:45 PM
how many ticks can pars improve, i find it a bullshit money scam
a set of pars from 10 years ago is as good as someone's version today
check the the internals(fractions ) from old charts from Buckpasser and
Chris Evert not much change 2day,,, instead of 1.10 it's 109.4 wow what difference its made in my game

OK, mix GP from last year and this year. See what you get.
Welcome to the boards...hopefully, you will learn how to use accurate par times.:)

yarnot
05-19-2005, 10:18 PM
First I am only getting his odds line verbally at this time, I plan to buy a copy soon; any offers?

Secondly, the variant is not being used, it is turned off.

Third, bet only the fair bets when you have an overwhelming advantage. If you have one or two heavily bet horses in your odds line pass the race. You will pass the overwhelming majority of races (I found no plays in the last two days at either Churchill or Louisiana Downs, no less than 9 and one half hours of playing). You will only find 2-3 plays per week. This is a very very tough game to beat.

If you are betting exactas, which is what I do, you must include the APV and Fulcrum horses.

Also, I know my fried spends 30-50 hours per week making, testing and projecting pars to keep them up to date. Old pars don't work. He told me it took him over a year to “find” the right way of making pars. He does an incredible amount of trial and error testing. He protects them vigorously.

I have learned from my friend that why doesn’t matter and most importantly the only thing in racing that does matter ARE THE ODDS.... make sure they are strongly on your side. This is what TMH was originally written to do.

yarnot
05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Edit - Tracks - input the pars.

Use the Export function to create a file for transfer (if you are making them)

Now you have a file to "Import" Note: you better know how to use the import function.

yarnot
05-19-2005, 10:56 PM
This is no bull.... my friend asked me to hype up this program in the hopes that it stays viable; we want access to the .dta files. If you are winning at the track then the hell with me. I didn't want to start this at all. My friend thinks 99.99999999% of handicappers are losers who won't do what it takes to win. I believe him. He would never give up his pars to anyone and hopes a lot of people try to duplicate his success and popularize TMH again. He has absolutely no fear that anyone can duplicate his success because he works so damn hard at it (I think some will try hard and a few "might" succeed). I have already told more than I should have in other posts..

yarnot
05-19-2005, 10:58 PM
They don't work... don't waste your time or money.

chickenhead
05-19-2005, 11:18 PM
psst, yarnot -- no bull buddy -- your time remaining here can be measured in minutes.....shhhhhh!...I've said to much already.

yarnot
05-19-2005, 11:18 PM
One last post... my friend (it isn't me) is the only professional handicapper I have ever found. He wants to stay invisible. I am 57 years old, I have tried so many dead ends; but I knew if I could find and befriend a real handicapper, then maybe I would have a chance.

It is so hard to focus on race after race and not bet. If there exists another way I would love to know it ... but I don't think there is one and this is WHY (why doesn't matter) virtually no one can figure out this game.

hurrikane
05-20-2005, 07:28 AM
I would just wait around until he dies.

All secrets in racing are passed on by an old man on his death bed. Ask anyone that is selling he magic system that 99.9999999% of handicappers do not have.

Just be patient. And, oh yeah. don't quit your day job. i don't think you have a chance of making a living at this betting 2 exactas a week.

turfbar
05-20-2005, 08:39 AM
ok Obi One Kanobi
its a brand new surface brand new track
thats like mixing apples and bananas

horses are creatures not new models
that can increase thier speed year 2 year
some horses race par, some above and some below,
but 1:10 flat for six is good ask T.Brohamer

Lefty
05-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Shanta, forgot to thank you for your advice on inputting pars. Tears ago I manually did it for ALO and man, it's labor intensive!

Lefty
05-21-2005, 12:13 PM
On the above I made a typo and said tears instead of years, but on 2nd thght maybe it's a Freudian slip. LOL